Dental Post Implant or Veneers?

WAgal

I just did a post implant during my fill on the 18th of April. I'd like to compare notes as to how the process works. The cost with implant and crown is $1600. I was asked to pay $1200 upfront and the balance will be $400. I know that I had a quote here for twice that amount, so I decided to go for it. Can someone please share their experience that has had the post implant and the crown already placed? I'm to return in 4 mos. for my crown and then pay the balance of $400. I know Melody had a few implants done on our surgery date 2-27-08, but I don't really see her getting on the forum. Anyone out there have feedback?

Do you really need 4 months before you get your crown? I'm pretty much healed and want a tooth there! I look like an 8 year old with the gap in my mouth! LOL! I was hoping to get the tooth put in and then zoom my teeth too. Actually I'm considering veneers too! Anyone have anything to say?

Thanks in advance.

Hanna

Hi Hanna,

Sounds like you got a great deal on your implant. I work in a dental office as a hygienist. My doctor places implants...we charge $1800 for the implant itself and another $1800 for the crown for the implant. And, yes, you have to wait 4 to 6 months for the bone to fill in around the implant before the crown is made for it. Good luck with it and know that you got a great price :)

Judy

Hi Hanna,

Sounds like you got a great deal on your implant. I work in a dental office as a hygienist. My doctor places implants...we charge $1800 for the implant itself and another $1800 for the crown for the implant. And, yes, you have to wait 4 to 6 months for the bone to fill in around the implant before the crown is made for it. Good luck with it and know that you got a great price :)

Judy

Thanks Judy! I'm just excited to get a tooth in!

Hanna :)

• 6 months later...

My husband has had four implants done at OCC, and it is standard to wait until the implant post has healed firmly into the bone. He is very satisfied with the work and results, as well as the price. In some parts of the US implants with crowns can cost two to three times as much as they charge at OCC.