May 9, 2008

Hello,

I am having my surgery May 9, 2008. I have a pre-op appointmet 4/29/2008. Does anyone know if that is when my pre-diet begans. Does the doctor discuss that than or should I have already began the diet. I was searching the net early this morning and just heard about a pre-op diet. Help!!!

Everyone starts their pre-op diet at different times. Some have started it 2 months in advance of their surgery not just to lose a larger amount, but to get a jump start. This way if you have a bad few days and cheat, you have time to get back on the wagon. I started my pre-op about 2 weeks before the surgery and did a liquid diet using Optifast ready made drinks and then a lean cuisine at night. I also made sure I got out and did some walking 3-4 nights a week. I managed to lose about 12 of the 15 lbs Dr. Miranda wanted me to lose before surgery. If you can eliminate some of the excess body fat around your stomach before surgery it's in your best interest and makes it easier for the surgeon too.

Don't wait until your doctor's visit. Try beginning your diet ASAP, increasing your proteins and eliminating as much fat from your diet as you can. I'm one week post op and on liquids with non fat yogurt drinks and protein drinks. For me, the pre-op diet also made the transition to the post-op diet easier.

Good luck with your surgery....I'm so happy I got banded!

Barb

My surgery is the 8th . I started my preop diet yesterday. I am using an isogenix shake. Dr. Miranda said any protein shake is good as long as it isn't to high calorie and it has enough protein (20 g or more) per shake.

Blessings!

Thanks, I haven't spoken to Dr. Miranda yet. I just scheduled with Lori on Saturday and said I wanted to have the surgery asap and she was able to get me into a cancellation they have. I feel a little lost. It is so sudden, but I've been thinking about this for so long. Are you going alone, or with someone?

That's awesome and exactly what happened to me! (I said I wanted in ASAP, and someone cancelled so they offered me the spot, I had to get everything together in a week) I had to go by myself since it was soo sudden - but no worries it was great! I love the lucerna, the guys there are so nice, the staff at the clinic is amaizing and you'll do great!

Congrats!

I am going with my husband (He'll be the one cracking jokes and keeping everyone relaxed) We are Valerie and David and I am sure we will at least see you at the hotel in not at OCC on the 9th.

Congrats on your surgery. I have had a little longer to think about it but have been wishing it would come faster.

Blessings!

Thanks for all the responses! I am so excited and nervous. Can you eat any food with the pre-op diet? If yes, what food? Thank you..

Depends on what Dr. Miranda says. She put me on two protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and a lean cuisine for supper.