WAgal's 2nd Fill in Arlington Pharmacy

Hi everyone,

Where exactly is Arlington? I'm in Surrey, British Columbia.

Thanks,

Denise

Hi Denise,

You're not too far at all. According to maps.google.com, from Vancouver, BC you are about 164 km/102 miles from Arlington, WA with an estimated 2 hours drive. It takes me 30 mins. to drive to Arlington and 1.5 hours to drive to the Canadian border and another 30 mins. to get to Vancouver, BC. The website for the Arlington Pharmacy is on my topic headline.. www.NorthWestFills.com They have a virtual receptionist now named Lisa. Email them (all info. is on the website) and make an appointment or ask questions.

I hope this helps!

Hanna :)

Hello Ladies!

I have not forgotten you! I have some planning that I'm doing here for another function so I have just been a little preoccupied. I am thinking that it would be best to just have a get together for brunch/lunch first so that it's easier to get together for the first time. It will be a meeting, sharing/support , q&a kinda get together. The date I'm thinking of is July 5, a Saturday.

What do you guys think of the date. If you don't throw a date at me then I'm not sure if this will work for the majority. I picked a Saturday so that there will be not work restriction and July 5th so that it's far off enough to get on your schedule. Feedback... I need feedback.

1. Date.. July 5th

2. Restaurant - "Broosters" in Arlington, WA -so for those wanting to do a fill can still get one. http://www.nwsource.com/ae/scr/edb_vd.cfm?...n=615&s=nws

OR we could go for atmosphere and do Ivar's in Mukilteo, WA. http://www.ivars.net/Mukilteo_Home/mukilteo.html

I would like to finalize soon as we get everyone to say that the date is good and then decide where to eat (like good bandsters of course).

Hanna

Ahhhh, July 5th! I don't know if I can make it, hubby is out of town and I have the girls all week by myself and can't leave them home. Plus a lot of people may have other things on the weekend because of the holiday. I will try and shuffle things on this end though, I really want to meet everyone.

Hi Denise,

You're not too far at all. According to maps.google.com, from Vancouver, BC you are about 164 km/102 miles from Arlington, WA with an estimated 2 hours drive. It takes me 30 mins. to drive to Arlington and 1.5 hours to drive to the Canadian border and another 30 mins. to get to Vancouver, BC. The website for the Arlington Pharmacy is on my topic headline.. www.NorthWestFills.com They have a virtual receptionist now named Lisa. Email them (all info. is on the website) and make an appointment or ask questions.

I hope this helps!

Hanna :)

Hanna, I COULD KISS YOU!!!!

This is perfect for me!!!!

I was really counting on going back to the OCC for my fill but after U.S. Airways screwed up our San Diego flight I thought all hope was lost. I have been so depressed because I REALLY need my fill. You're my angel girl!!!

Sorry... I didn't notice the website in your post title until after. Duhhhhh

Hanna-

Thanks for putting this together. I'd love to do a meetup!! I am currently scheduled for a fluoro fill with Arlington nurses on 6/13. I'll either keep that appt or switch to regular appt and do it July 5th. I can't easily find my port so that's why I was leaning towards the fluoro fill. Either way - I'm excited to try the Arlington clinic.

I also live in Portland, Oregon and am considering using these ladies in Arlington because I cannot find anyone that will do the Fluroscopy here...someone mentioned that these same women are in Port Orchard every other month, do they have the Fluro available there as well?

BTW, Hi Linda! :-h (we were banded the same day)

Thank you!

Caro

Hi Caro,

They do fluoro but you have to schedule it. They don't do fluoro in Port Orchard, I think Donna answered that already. Just wanted to know are you in with our get together? Please let me know...

Hanna:)

Hi Hanna,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post!

I contacted the Arlington Fill Center and booked an appointment for this Saturday!! YA HOOO!!!

I'm so excited!

Denise

Hi Hanna,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post!

I contacted the Arlington Fill Center and booked an appointment for this Saturday!! YA HOOO!!!

I'm so excited!

Denise

Hey Denise! I'm so glad you are getting your fill! Yay... let me know how it goes?

Hanna:)

Hey Denise... I'm so sorry to hear about your flight problems. I can just imagine how frustrated you must have been. I am going down to Arlington as well, and I think it's about 1 1/2 hours south of the border. We'll have to meet at Timmy's and have some soup when you get back. Let me know how things go. Take Care! Anita P.S. Ladies... I a good to go for July 5th. I've got to book my appt with the ladies. Anyone going to get a fill that day?

Hi Anita, Do you have Nexus? I am afraid the borders will be backed up on a saturday! I no longer have Nexus, due to a campbells soup incident,(they accused me of smuggling beef because I had a can of beef barley soup i bought at safeway in canada! and the beef ban was on.) so i don't cross much anymore on the weekends. I would really like to go then, I would just leave early in the morning, and tough it out. So count me in on the 5th as well!

see you then, Linda from point roberts

Hello Ladies!

1. Date.. July 5th

2. Restaurant - "Broosters" in Arlington, WA -so for those wanting to do a fill can still get one. http://www.nwsource.com/ae/scr/edb_vd.cfm?...n=615&s=nws

OR we could go for atmosphere and do Ivar's in Mukilteo, WA. http://www.ivars.net/Mukilteo_Home/mukilteo.html

I would like to finalize soon as we get everyone to say that the date is good and then decide where to eat (like good bandsters of course).

Hanna

Darn! My sister Diane and I are coming down from the interior of BC on Thurs June 19th. We decided to go to Arlington for our second fills...

Anyone want to meet with us? We are leaving here around 6am and have apts at 12:45 and 1pm with Kitty.

I just had my first fill and I had it done at the Arlington Fill Center. It was SO EASY. The ladies there were SO VERY nice and explained everything to me so clearly. They mentioned that they are thinking of doing fills once a month up in the Blaine area. WOO HOO!! Hey all you Canadian bandsters we can carpool there. :)

The worst part about the whole trip.... they did a spot check at the border where they pulled out 5 or 6 cars and lined them up to X-ray them. My luck... we were picked. We had nothing with us so we had no problems, it was just a inconvenience having to sit in the BP office while they did it. It took about 20 minutes and that was after waiting in the line-up for an hour. That's just my luck lately.

Hi Linda, Yes I do have Nexus. I will probably go down on Friday Night, as my girlfriend has a trailer down there, so I'll be spending the weekend there. Denise, Denise, Denise... I can't believe your luck these days! Was nice running into you last night. I want to know more about your fill. Did you have a floro? How long were you there for? Can you feel any restriction yet? Did they tell you liquids only for a while? Need input .. lol.

I just had my first fill and I had it done at the Arlington Fill Center. It was SO EASY. The ladies there were SO VERY nice and explained everything to me so clearly. They mentioned that they are thinking of doing fills once a month up in the Blaine area. WOO HOO!! Hey all you Canadian bandsters we can carpool there. :)

The worst part about the whole trip.... they did a spot check at the border where they pulled out 5 or 6 cars and lined them up to X-ray them. My luck... we were picked. We had nothing with us so we had no problems, it was just a inconvenience having to sit in the BP office while they did it. It took about 20 minutes and that was after waiting in the line-up for an hour. That's just my luck lately.

redhead,

sorry about the inconvenience and bad luck lately. when things hit their low points though then things will start to look up again, right? so here's to things looking up soon!

hugs,

hanna

redhead,

sorry about the inconvenience and bad luck lately. when things hit their low points though then things will start to look up again, right? so here's to things looking up soon!

hugs,

hanna

Oh Hanna,

I hope you're right because I have had my share of bad luck lately. Let's see, it started with my dryer quitting just as I was doing all the laundry before we took off for Vegas (had to go buy a new washer and dryer and then go to the laundromat that night shortly before they were closing). Then while in Vegas my son called me to say the garage door had broken and wouldn't go up or down (had to call a repairman as soon as we got home), then I didn't win ANYTHING in Vegas (makes it pretty boring), and while in Vegas (actually waiting on the plane to fly over to San Diego for my fill at the OCC) our flight was cancelled due to plane problems.... and finally heading down to Arlington for my fill and hanging out with the border guards while they checked us out. Actually it could have been worse there... at least we weren't strip searched. :D But it's all good now! I got my fill.

Thanks for putting this post up Hanna. I am so glad to have gone to the Arlington fill center.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Hugs back to you,

Denise

Hi Linda, Yes I do have Nexus. I will probably go down on Friday Night, as my girlfriend has a trailer down there, so I'll be spending the weekend there. Denise, Denise, Denise... I can't believe your luck these days! Was nice running into you last night. I want to know more about your fill. Did you have a floro? How long were you there for? Can you feel any restriction yet? Did they tell you liquids only for a while? Need input .. lol.

Hi Anita,

It was great running in to you too? Did you win anything?

No, no fluro. But these ladies were wonderful. I was a bit worried because a lot of food was getting stuck with me with the band empty. They gave me only 1 cc, which I'm happy with for now. I had a fear of being too tight. They decided on 1 cc as soon as they heard I was already having some problems. I was surprised though that the port is so low (lower than what I had showed you). It was actually just above my jeans waistband.

The whole appointment took maybe 10 minutes and that included the 9 1/2 minutes that they took to measure me, weigh me and explain the band. The only pain was when their trainee was pushing on tummy to feel the port. It's actually kind of tender still when I push there.

We went for lunch at Applebee's (Appleby's ???). WOW, enormous portions there. Anyway, I had a bowl of tomato and basil soup. It was DELICIOUS and quite thick. I was actually full when I finished it. Surprised me. The test will be when I eat regular food. I'll let you know tomorrow.

You are supposed to be on liquids the first day, mushies the 2nd day and back to regular food if you feel you're ready on the 3rd.

Denise