June 20th fill

Pay close attention when you cross over to Tijuana, don't miss the arrow that tells you to go straight and instead follow the arrow to the right ... otherwise, you'll end up in the line to cross back over to SD .. be there about an hour and one-half, and end up buying a ceramic pig that later you use as a defense to NOT buy anything else.. then give it away because you have no business carrying a huge ceramic pig on the airplane ride home :)

It was Calicat's fault ...... ain't that right sister?

if any of you want to ride along let me know

OMG - did you think I wouldn't read this????

My co-pilot was unsure, so I made a split second decision to follow the bottom arrow (never saw the top arrow). We were lead on a what felt like 5 mile drive up a hill - no exits, no turn offs, and a concrete center median. When we finally could turn around and come back into TJ...we followed signs to what we thought was in town, only to find out we were in the lines back to the border. We couldn't get out - had to merge 7 lanes to a carpool lane, and negotiated with other drivers - although most could care less about our crisis. Yes, a ceramic pig was bought. Thank god we had AC. And we gave the border patrol a good chuckle. Thank goodness we all got along, so the 1 hour 10 min detour wasn't so bad. It was time for the bandster to bond...LOL!

Drive carefully and be cautious of where you park - that's my only advice, as the recent TJ driver gone wild...LOL!!!

And I still think you should have kept the pig and made your hubby carry it on the plane. Think of all the smiles he would have gotten :rolleyes:

I knew you would read this topic ;)

OMG - did you think I wouldn't read this????

My co-pilot was unsure, so I made a split second decision to follow the bottom arrow (never saw the top arrow). We were lead on a what felt like 5 mile drive up a hill - no exits, no turn offs, and a concrete center median. When we finally could turn around and come back into TJ...we followed signs to what we thought was in town, only to find out we were in the lines back to the border. We couldn't get out - had to merge 7 lanes to a carpool lane, and negotiated with other drivers - although most could care less about our crisis. Yes, a ceramic pig was bought. Thank god we had AC. And we gave the border patrol a good chuckle. Thank goodness we all got along, so the 1 hour 10 min detour wasn't so bad. It was time for the bandster to bond...LOL!

Drive carefully and be cautious of where you park - that's my only advice, as the recent TJ driver gone wild...LOL!!!

And I still think you should have kept the pig and made your hubby carry it on the plane. Think of all the smiles he would have gotten :rolleyes:

I am actually planning on parking on US side of border and taking a taxi across. Is it a better idea to get insurance and go ahead and drive all the way to OCC? What are the border lines like getting back out by car? Are they longer than the walking lines?

We walked across last Saturday. I thought it would be terrible because it was Labor Day Weekend, but it went pretty quick. We parked, crossed, took a taxi to OCC, got my fill and were back at the car within a hour and a half. We definately got across quicker by foot then those in the cars.

We walked across last Saturday. I thought it would be terrible because it was Labor Day Weekend, but it went pretty quick. We parked, crossed, took a taxi to OCC, got my fill and were back at the car within a hour and a half. We definately got across quicker by foot then those in the cars.

Hello Lynnz

How much did the taxi cost? Where did you park? Is it a marked lot? Now you've got me thinking that perhaps it's better to walk over. Hmmmm. How's the post fill going?

Taxi is $5.00 each way to and from border on TJ side (be sure and negotiate that with the driver first). There are several parking lots near border but the most convenient one is right behind the trolley stop. I'm not sure what the parking charge is.

Mom12,

Well.... <<trying to be optimistic>> I am still waiting and hoping for my fill to "settle".... honestly as of right now, I feel no change/ no restriction. I can eat as much as I did before the fill. I do have trouble with bread at times, but breeze through everything else. I am trying to be patient but honestly feeling a bit frustrated----

Diva,

Mom12 is right, it is $5 for the taxi ride to OCC. It is funny because I was reading a post the night before I left that said they paid $8??? Anyway, we parked at the Border Station Parking for $8, but there seems to be closer lots for the same price. It just depends if you want to be closer going in or leaving. I personally feel a little uneasy with the thought of driving in TJ, so I am glad walking over worked out-- I felt safe, and would have no problem doing this by myself next time.

Post fill, ....what fill? I think I will call tomorrow and schedule fill #2, I hope this one will be the charm!!

Mom12,

Well.... <<trying to be optimistic>> I am still waiting and hoping for my fill to "settle".... honestly as of right now, I feel no change/ no restriction. I can eat as much as I did before the fill. I do have trouble with bread at times, but breeze through everything else. I am trying to be patient but honestly feeling a bit frustrated----

Diva,

Mom12 is right, it is $5 for the taxi ride to OCC. It is funny because I was reading a post the night before I left that said they paid $8??? Anyway, we parked at the Border Station Parking for $8, but there seems to be closer lots for the same price. It just depends if you want to be closer going in or leaving. I personally feel a little uneasy with the thought of driving in TJ, so I am glad walking over worked out-- I felt safe, and would have no problem doing this by myself next time.

Post fill, ....what fill? I think I will call tomorrow and schedule fill #2, I hope this one will be the charm!!

Book it for June 20th and ride with me. I will be leaving airport in rental car around 9:00 AM and walking across. My fill is 12:00 and then I will be coming back across but would be happy to work it around a fill time for you.

Blessings!

Valerie (Mom12)

if any of you want to ride along let me know

Mom12

I would love to hitch a ride with you from the airport. Where are you coming from? I haven't booked a flight yet, but I will as soon as I get the response from you if it is okay. I was aiming for the 16 or 17 but will wait till the 20th if thats cool. Let me know if you still have room. Thanks Heidi