shakes/lean cusine vs. atkins

What is your opinion? I have one month before my surgery date...YIKES!!! I am debating on these two diets to stick with until I have to start my pre-op diet. Which one do you think one would lose the most weight on? :-? Atkins or 2 shakes a day with appropriate snakage, and one south beach/lean cusine? I loved to hear from you.

~dianna~ :D

I did the shake for lunch and breakfast and a lean cuisine for dinner. It was very hard. I felt like I was starving. I don;t know much about your other options though. Good luck with whichever you choose!!!

I am on Optifast shakes, not bad with extra cocoa and ice cold...I am supposed to have 4 a day, but can substitute veggies instead of a shake.

I had a lean cuisine for dinner last night, I was loosing it, not eating and in two days lost 6 lbs...so I would combine shakes with lean cuisine.

Good luck! Cathy

I've done both. I would say go for the Lean Cuisines.

Atkins works, but it teaches you nothing about portion control. You will HAVE to control your portions when you are banded. The band won't give you a whole lot of choice.

I had to lose 17 pounds pre op and I did a shake for breakfast and Lean Cuisines for lunch and dinner. The Lean Cuisines are very healthy, believe it or not, and taste great. I lost the 17 pounds plus 9 more pounds! It also prepared me for life after the band.

I'm 3 weeks post op and just now able to eat real food. I've stocked up on Lean Cuisines to carry on the diet.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Jena

I love almost any of the chicken/turkey ones. Here's the ones I like:

Turkey, dressing and cinnamon apples

Turkey, dressing and green beans. (less than 200 calories)

Roasted garlic chicken with creamed spinach

all of the pizza's. BBQ Chicken, Pepperoni, 4 cheese, Garlic Chicken, thick crust, thin crust and french bread.

Glazed chicken and rice

Baked chicken with dressing and gravy with whipped potatoes

meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Roast beef with broccoli with cheddar cheese sauce

Cheese ravioli

lasagna

Four Cheese Cannelloni

Macaroni and beef

Santa Fe-Style Rice & Beans

Penne Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce

I like all of the Pannini and flatbread sandwiches

The ones I DON'T like are any of the alfredo's. They are very bland tasting to me.

I wait until Kroger has them on sale for 5 for $11 and then I stock up on them. I probably buy 20 to 25 at that price. That's about $1.00 less each than when they aren't on sale.

I have a friend who is a picky eater and she's tried a couple of them and liked them. She gets hers at Wal-Mart, but I don't know how much they are there.

Jena

Hey Jena

you've done fab!!!!!

Nicolek

Thanks Nicole! You've done great too!

I love the Lean Cuisines that are under 200 calories! I sometimes use them as a snack if I'm really hungry.

Most of them are 300 calories or less aren't they? There are a few that are over 300, but I don't think I've seen any that are 400 calories.

Jena