How to take the Bus/Trolley/Walk and across the border to get to the OCC

I'm posting this topic again by request,,, These are step by step instructions to do the trip from the airport to the Obesity Control Center on your own. I would say the number one rule is to make sure you have your PASSPORT. Go to the US State Deprtments web site and read currant rules for travel. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html The second rule is to travel very light, limit yourself to a small duffle bag or gym bag or nothing at all. If you’re carrying a small bag make sure it has a shoulder strap. If you’re staying over night somewhere, still carry a small bag with shoulder strap. Only bring the bare essentials and remember the TSA rule of 3-1-1. When arriving at the San Diego airport, go out the front exit on the street level and walk to the right, go to the #992 bus stop sign. Buses run every 12 minutes or less. Get on the #992 bus and ask the driver for a $5 day pass, this pass will be good all day long and good for both bus and trolley. Tell the bus driver you’re not from here and if he could, call out the American Plaza/Broadway stop, this is where you want to get off the bus and get on the Blueline Trolley. You’ll see the trolley, walk across the street and get on the Blueline Trolley marked San Ysidro/Tijuana. If you have any questions, make sure you ask the bus driver or any Transit policeman/Transit information personal. Ride the Trolley to the border, it will stop several times on the way to the border, but it will end at the border. Get off the Trolley and kind of follow the flow of people and watch where they go, they’ll head for a walkway/ramp type structure. This is the first of two foot bridges that will lead you across the border. After crossing the first foot bridge you’ll come to gate that leads to the Mexican Taxi area, Have $5 in hand and the address of the OCC on a piece of paper,, which is #1510 LEONA VICARIO, ZONA RIO, TIJUANA. The OCC clinic is about 6 blocks away from here. NOTE: make sure you have only $5 in your hand and before you get in the taxi tell them you’re only going to pay $5, otherwise their going to try to get more money out of you. This is the fastest way to do the bus/trolley/Mexican taxi route, figure in about a 2 hour time frame or less from airport to the OCC. So, here’s an example, if your plane arrives in San Diego at 8:00am, you have no checked luggage, just a carry on, come out of the airport, get on bus, switch to trolley, cross the border, take a Taxi to the clinic, you should get there by 10:00am or less. So make your appointment for the fill accordingly. If your spending the night at the Lucerna, you can walk south from the clinic to the Lucerna, it’s about an 8 block walk south along the Ave of the Hero’s. Now, if you don’t want to take the $5 Taxi ride and feel really adventurous, you can walk to the clinic all the way from the second foot bridge. After getting off the first foot bridge, do not go thru the gate that takes you to the taxi stand, instead, go to the right, you can just watch where the people go and follow the flow and go to the second foot bridge. After crossing the second foot bridge you’ll end up at the beginning of Revolution Ave by the big Arch. Go straight thru the beginning of the shops and walk a couple blocks to a main street and then turn left, walk about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to a new Costco. Then turn right and head South about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to LEONA VICARIO Street, turn left and the clinics in the middle of that block. Note: If you’re a woman or by yourself, I wouldn’t recommend this way. The easiest/safest way is to take a taxi after the first foot bridge. When leaving and going back to the USA, just reverse these directions. Note: It depends on which day of the week and time of the day you’re leaving to how congested customs gets. The OCC will call you a taxi or if you’re staying at the Lucerna there’s a Taxi stand there. The Taxi will take you back to the border Taxi stand. You will still have to walk across a foot bridge which takes you over the 10 lanes of cars in line to leave Mexico. From there you will have to get in line with everyone else and go with the flow to the US customs building. You will need your US PASSPORT or photo ID with Birth Certificate to go thru customs. Once thru customs walk out of the building and the Trolley will be right in front of you. Go back to the airport from here, reversing the instructions which brought you to the OCC. Count on a worst case scenario of taking at least 2 hours of standing in line getting thru customs. Note: If your doing your fill trip all in one day, make sure you test your fill before you leave TJ. You never know, you may need to hit the clinic again for an unfill. Also, make sure you leave with plenty of time to make it back to the airport in time for your flight.

Thanks, great info!!

But, FYI, passports are not required until June of 09. The deadline has been extended.

Thanks Mona,, I edited the post to include your new info and added the State Departments website. I hadn't went there for awhile and was assuming the requirment for a passport was still going to be this June.

Thanks for the info. I am getting banded on June 6th it will come in handy for my first fill. Is it safe to go shopping by my self during the day? Lisa

You know,, that's a tough question. If your going down to Revolution Ave,, I'd take a taxi there and back. It's only $5 each way. As far as shopping by yourself,, that's questionable. It should be OK,,,, but,, if you have someone with you I'd feel better.

Thanks for the info. I am getting banded on June 6th it will come in handy for my first fill. Is it safe to go shopping by my self during the day? Lisa

Thank you so much for this information. I am strongly considering getting the lap band done while I am on school vacation this summer. I am a bit apprehensive, but it is nice to be able to get online with others to hear the extra "non-medical" information. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

The Canadian Twist

Remember that even though Canadians do not need a passport to enter Mexico, you do need a passport to fly into San Diego. Make sure you get your passport before booking the procedure or you are in for a long drive. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post this. Many of us appreciate it! Do you know if I park next to the border, is it obvious how to walk across the border and catch a cab? Lori posted the location of a parking garage right near the border and I thought I would park there and walk over. Have you seen folks do that? Thanks, simego.

Maybe i missed something but I thought the OCC clinic was 15 minutes from the airport. Does going thru the border take that long?

15 to 20 minutes zipping along on the Interstate, then the OCC clinic is about 6 blocks over the border. Going into Mexico is easy,, the cars and vans don't have to stop,, nobody cares who's going into Mexico. It's the good ole' USA and Homeland security that slows everything down coming back into the USA. If your walking or riding in the OCC van,, it can take up to 2 hours to go thru customs,, depends on the time of day and the day of the week. That border crossing between TJ and the USA is rated as the worlds busiest. It can be a long ordeal.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The last time I went to OCC for a fill, I took the bus, trolley, and taxi. It only cost $15 (round-trip). I took some pictures along the way and I used them to create directions with pictures. Feel free to download them and print them:

http://www.fathomservices.com/occdirections.pdf

This is great (even though I never plan to use it, I'm too chicken). This will be a big help tp people since most people are visual learners.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm posting this topic again by request,,, These are step by step instructions to do the trip from the airport to the Obesity Control Center on your own. I would say the number one rule is to make sure you have your US PASSPORT or photo ID with a raised seal Birth Certificate! Go to the US State Deprtments web site and read currant rules for travel. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html The second rule is to travel very light, limit yourself to a small duffle bag or gym bag or nothing at all. If you’re carrying a small bag make sure it has a shoulder strap. If you’re staying over night somewhere, still carry a small bag with shoulder strap. Only bring the bare essentials and remember the TSA rule of 3-1-1. When arriving at the San Diego airport, go out the front exit on the street level and walk to the right, go to the #992 bus stop sign. Buses run every 12 minutes or less. Get on the #992 bus and ask the driver for a $5 day pass, this pass will be good all day long and good for both bus and trolley. Tell the bus driver you’re not from here and if he could, call out the American Plaza/Broadway stop, this is where you want to get off the bus and get on the Blueline Trolley. You’ll see the trolley, walk across the street and get on the Blueline Trolley marked San Ysidro/Tijuana. If you have any questions, make sure you ask the bus driver or any Transit policeman/Transit information personal. Ride the Trolley to the border, it will stop several times on the way to the border, but it will end at the border. Get off the Trolley and kind of follow the flow of people and watch where they go, they’ll head for a walkway/ramp type structure. This is the first of two foot bridges that will lead you across the border. After crossing the first foot bridge you’ll come to gate that leads to the Mexican Taxi area, Have $5 in hand and the address of the OCC on a piece of paper,, which is #1510 LEONA VICARIO, ZONA RIO, TIJUANA. The OCC clinic is about 6 blocks away from here. NOTE: make sure you have only $5 in your hand and before you get in the taxi tell them you’re only going to pay $5, otherwise their going to try to get more money out of you. This is the fastest way to do the bus/trolley/Mexican taxi route, figure in about a 2 hour time frame or less from airport to the OCC. So, here’s an example, if your plane arrives in San Diego at 8:00am, you have no checked luggage, just a carry on, come out of the airport, get on bus, switch to trolley, cross the border, take a Taxi to the clinic, you should get there by 10:00am or less. So make your appointment for the fill accordingly. If your spending the night at the Lucerna, you can walk south from the clinic to the Lucerna, it’s about an 8 block walk south along the Ave of the Hero’s. Now, if you don’t want to take the $5 Taxi ride and feel really adventurous, you can walk to the clinic all the way from the second foot bridge. After getting off the first foot bridge, do not go thru the gate that takes you to the taxi stand, instead, go to the right, you can just watch where the people go and follow the flow and go to the second foot bridge. After crossing the second foot bridge you’ll end up at the beginning of Revolution Ave by the big Arch. Go straight thru the beginning of the shops and walk a couple blocks to a main street and then turn left, walk about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to a new Costco. Then turn right and head South about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to LEONA VICARIO Street, turn left and the clinics in the middle of that block. Note: If you’re a woman or by yourself, I wouldn’t recommend this way. The easiest/safest way is to take a taxi after the first foot bridge. When leaving and going back to the USA, just reverse these directions. Note: It depends on which day of the week and time of the day you’re leaving to how congested customs gets. The OCC will call you a taxi or if you’re staying at the Lucerna there’s a Taxi stand there. The Taxi will take you back to the border Taxi stand. You will still have to walk across a foot bridge which takes you over the 10 lanes of cars in line to leave Mexico. From there you will have to get in line with everyone else and go with the flow to the US customs building. You will need your US PASSPORT or photo ID with Birth Certificate to go thru customs. Once thru customs walk out of the building and the Trolley will be right in front of you. Go back to the airport from here, reversing the instructions which brought you to the OCC. Count on a worst case scenario of taking at least 2 hours of standing in line getting thru customs. Note: If your doing your fill trip all in one day, make sure you test your fill before you leave TJ. You never know, you may need to hit the clinic again for an unfill. Also, make sure you leave with plenty of time to make it back to the airport in time for your flight.

I just read your instructions for crossing the border. I have a few questions.

I notice when I was there last time a parking lot over behind Mc Donalds. Is that open to the public??

Have you heard what they charge??

You said it depends what time of the day the crossing can be busy what time should we stay away from the border.

Mickie

I just read your instructions for crossing the border. I have a few questions.

I notice when I was there last time a parking lot over behind Mc Donalds. Is that open to the public??

Have you heard what they charge??

You said it depends what time of the day the crossing can be busy what time should we stay away from the border.

Mickie

There are several parking lots at the border,, which one is best or cheapest? I don't know, those lots are pricey. Best bet to save your money is to get on the bus at the airport and transfer at the trolley station and ride the trolley to the border. The trolley stops right outside the customs building and across the street from the first foot bridge. If you email the OCC, you might be able to find out how much those border lots cost. But, I bet several of the Southern California patients should know and be able to post something.

There are several parking lots at the border,, which one is best or cheapest? I don't know, those lots are pricey. Best bet to save your money is to get on the bus at the airport and transfer at the trolley station and ride the trolley to the border. The trolley stops right outside the customs building and across the street from the first foot bridge. If you email the OCC, you might be able to find out how much those border lots cost. But, I bet several of the Southern California patients should know and be able to post something.

I just went to OCC today for my fill. I parked at the same lot I parked when I went for surgery and paid $8. Just take the last exit and turn right. However, if you turn left, there are a couple of other lots a little closer walking distance that charged about the same. I just feel like my car is safe at the one I always use.

The whole process of parking, walking across the border and getting a taxi was a piece of cake. The OCC will call a taxi for you when you are done with your appointment. No worrys!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm posting this topic again by request,,, These are step by step instructions to do the trip from the airport to the Obesity Control Center on your own. I would say the number one rule is to make sure you have your US PASSPORT or photo ID with a raised seal Birth Certificate! Go to the US State Deprtments web site and read currant rules for travel. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html The second rule is to travel very light, limit yourself to a small duffle bag or gym bag or nothing at all. If you’re carrying a small bag make sure it has a shoulder strap. If you’re staying over night somewhere, still carry a small bag with shoulder strap. Only bring the bare essentials and remember the TSA rule of 3-1-1. When arriving at the San Diego airport, go out the front exit on the street level and walk to the right, go to the #992 bus stop sign. Buses run every 12 minutes or less. Get on the #992 bus and ask the driver for a $5 day pass, this pass will be good all day long and good for both bus and trolley. Tell the bus driver you’re not from here and if he could, call out the American Plaza/Broadway stop, this is where you want to get off the bus and get on the Blueline Trolley. You’ll see the trolley, walk across the street and get on the Blueline Trolley marked San Ysidro/Tijuana. If you have any questions, make sure you ask the bus driver or any Transit policeman/Transit information personal. Ride the Trolley to the border, it will stop several times on the way to the border, but it will end at the border. Get off the Trolley and kind of follow the flow of people and watch where they go, they’ll head for a walkway/ramp type structure. This is the first of two foot bridges that will lead you across the border. After crossing the first foot bridge you’ll come to gate that leads to the Mexican Taxi area, Have $5 in hand and the address of the OCC on a piece of paper,, which is #1510 LEONA VICARIO, ZONA RIO, TIJUANA. The OCC clinic is about 6 blocks away from here. NOTE: make sure you have only $5 in your hand and before you get in the taxi tell them you’re only going to pay $5, otherwise their going to try to get more money out of you. This is the fastest way to do the bus/trolley/Mexican taxi route, figure in about a 2 hour time frame or less from airport to the OCC. So, here’s an example, if your plane arrives in San Diego at 8:00am, you have no checked luggage, just a carry on, come out of the airport, get on bus, switch to trolley, cross the border, take a Taxi to the clinic, you should get there by 10:00am or less. So make your appointment for the fill accordingly. If your spending the night at the Lucerna, you can walk south from the clinic to the Lucerna, it’s about an 8 block walk south along the Ave of the Hero’s. Now, if you don’t want to take the $5 Taxi ride and feel really adventurous, you can walk to the clinic all the way from the second foot bridge. After getting off the first foot bridge, do not go thru the gate that takes you to the taxi stand, instead, go to the right, you can just watch where the people go and follow the flow and go to the second foot bridge. After crossing the second foot bridge you’ll end up at the beginning of Revolution Ave by the big Arch. Go straight thru the beginning of the shops and walk a couple blocks to a main street and then turn left, walk about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to a new Costco. Then turn right and head South about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to LEONA VICARIO Street, turn left and the clinics in the middle of that block. Note: If you’re a woman or by yourself, I wouldn’t recommend this way. The easiest/safest way is to take a taxi after the first foot bridge. When leaving and going back to the USA, just reverse these directions. Note: It depends on which day of the week and time of the day you’re leaving to how congested customs gets. The OCC will call you a taxi or if you’re staying at the Lucerna there’s a Taxi stand there. The Taxi will take you back to the border Taxi stand. You will still have to walk across a foot bridge which takes you over the 10 lanes of cars in line to leave Mexico. From there you will have to get in line with everyone else and go with the flow to the US customs building. You will need your US PASSPORT or photo ID with Birth Certificate to go thru customs. Once thru customs walk out of the building and the Trolley will be right in front of you. Go back to the airport from here, reversing the instructions which brought you to the OCC. Count on a worst case scenario of taking at least 2 hours of standing in line getting thru customs. Note: If your doing your fill trip all in one day, make sure you test your fill before you leave TJ. You never know, you may need to hit the clinic again for an unfill. Also, make sure you leave with plenty of time to make it back to the airport in time for your flight.

Hi, I have a question. So, I am having surgery on January 11th and the OCC will have someone to come pick us up from San Diego airport and take us to the hotel. Is it easier for us to take a taxi to the taxi stand, go through the customs building, and then catch another taxi to the airport instead of waiting hours to get through the border (when leaving..and for going for fills, etc.)? What do you suggest?

Hi, I have a question. So, I am having surgery on January 11th and the OCC will have someone to come pick us up from San Diego airport and take us to the hotel. Is it easier for us to take a taxi to the taxi stand, go through the customs building, and then catch another taxi to the airport instead of waiting hours to get through the border (when leaving..and for going for fills, etc.)? What do you suggest?

I was just in Tijuana a week ago, I did both and I have to say that it didn't take hours to get across the border. As you all know, coming into Mexico only takes minutes, but leaving Mexico and going through US Customs can be a timely ordeal. When leaving and going across the border you have several options. Your fastest way across the border is to ride in the OCC van with Fransisco the driver. It can take 45 to 60 minutes to get through the border even in the OCC van. I think that when you have surgery the OCC includes airport arrival and departure transportation packaged in the price of your surgery. It's when you go back for fills you have the option of choosing the OCC fill package which includes transportation and hotel room or doing it all on your own. I've done both and I can say doing it on your own is alot cheaper and its easy. Last week, my last day in TJ was the day I was finishing my dental work. My dental appointment was at 10am and my flight back to Chicago was at 5:15pm. Here's how the day went and how much time I spent. Dental appointment at 10am, they finished my crown and I was done at noon. The dental clinic was kind enough to have their van driver give me a ride to the border, If I was to take a taxi, the cost would be $5. The dental clinic and the OCC are about the same distance from the border. The van driver dropped me off at the closest spot where the walking line starts, just about 20 yards away from the end of the people line. If you were to take a taxi, they would drop you at the same spot. And this was on a Friday afternoon, and Fridays are usually the busiest day at the border crossing. It took 50 minutes for me to get from the end of the line and out the door of the customs building. Right outside the customs building is the Blue Line Trolley, which by the way, the trolley is painted "RED" Duh!. I walked right to the Trolley, paid $5 for an all day MTS pass at the automated ticket machine and got on the trolley. It took another 60 to 70 minutes and I was at the airport via the trolley and 992 bus. Follow the instructions on several posts that tell you how to take the Bus and Trolley from the airport to the border. I've included 2 hyperlinks showing the bus and trolley route

TROLLEY

AIRPORT BUS

PS, If you were to take a taxi from the US customs building to the airport, be prepared to spend between $40 to $60 for that taxi ride, it's very pricey.

I think it would be a great idea if this thread included detailed directions on how to take the train from Los Angeles Union Station to San Deigo Sante Fe Station and the trolley from Sante Fe to the border and back to Sante Fe Station.

I plan on utilizing the trolley on my next fill in January and I am not sure if I catch it from the Sante Fe Station Depot or if I have to walk across Kettner and catch it and where the kiosk is to purchase the tickets, etc.

I have also had another member ask me about taking the train. For those of us who live in Southern California it beats driving that is for sure.

Bogiesmom, I've done this trip 3 times from Irvine. You catch the Surfline to Santa Fe. Walk across the street to the kiosk for the trolley and head to Tijuana. Very simple and very inexpensive.

I have taken the train twice from Los Angeles to Sante Fe Depot, however I have never taken the trolley. I notice that when I get off the train that there is a trolley that stops right next to the train tracks and signs that indicate it is the blue line that runs to the border & I noticed that there is a ticketing kiosk next to it, however on the MTS web site it indicates that I have to walk to the trolley stop across Ketner to catch the blue line that goes to the border but I did not see a ticket kiosk at that location.

Which blue line stop do I use and where do I buy the ticket???? Do I use the blue line stop right next to the train in the Sante Fe Sation or is that only where I buy the ticket before crossing the street. It seems weird to have to cross the street if there is a blue line stop in the station itself don't you think?

I was just in Tijuana a week ago, I did both and I have to say that it didn't take hours to get across the border. As you all know, coming into Mexico only takes minutes, but leaving Mexico and going through US Customs can be a timely ordeal. When leaving and going across the border you have several options. Your fastest way across the border is to ride in the OCC van with Fransisco the driver. It can take 45 to 60 minutes to get through the border even in the OCC van. I think that when you have surgery the OCC includes airport arrival and departure transportation packaged in the price of your surgery. It's when you go back for fills you have the option of choosing the OCC fill package which includes transportation and hotel room or doing it all on your own. I've done both and I can say doing it on your own is alot cheaper and its easy. Last week, my last day in TJ was the day I was finishing my dental work. My dental appointment was at 10am and my flight back to Chicago was at 5:15pm. Here's how the day went and how much time I spent. Dental appointment at 10am, they finished my crown and I was done at noon. The dental clinic was kind enough to have their van driver give me a ride to the border, If I was to take a taxi, the cost would be $5. The dental clinic and the OCC are about the same distance from the border. The van driver dropped me off at the closest spot where the walking line starts, just about 20 yards away from the end of the people line. If you were to take a taxi, they would drop you at the same spot. And this was on a Friday afternoon, and Fridays are usually the busiest day at the border crossing. It took 50 minutes for me to get from the end of the line and out the door of the customs building. Right outside the customs building is the Blue Line Trolley, which by the way, the trolley is painted "RED" Duh!. I walked right to the Trolley, paid $5 for an all day MTS pass at the automated ticket machine and got on the trolley. It took another 60 to 70 minutes and I was at the airport via the trolley and 992 bus. Follow the instructions on several posts that tell you how to take the Bus and Trolley from the airport to the border. I've included 2 hyperlinks showing the bus and trolley route

TROLLEY

AIRPORT BUS

PS, If you were to take a taxi from the US customs building to the airport, be prepared to spend between $40 to $60 for that taxi ride, it's very pricey.

Thanks for your help! My father and I will be having our lap band surgery both the same day on the 11th, which our lap band coordinator told us all transportation was in the package. I am very excited but am loving this forum to find out many tips and travel information that will help later on when going for fills. So now I know that it is cheaper to just do your own travel reservations and make your own arrangements when coming back for fills. I am really excited about having this done as I've been overweight all of my life and for a couple of years now, obese! Thanks again for all the info! I may be coming back here in a few months to ask you more questions!

• 5 months later...

I'm posting this topic again by request,,, These are step by step instructions to do the trip from the airport to the Obesity Control Center on your own. I would say the number one rule is to make sure you have your US PASSPORT or photo ID with a raised seal Birth Certificate! Go to the US State Deprtments web site and read currant rules for travel. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html The second rule is to travel very light, limit yourself to a small duffle bag or gym bag or nothing at all. If youre carrying a small bag make sure it has a shoulder strap. If youre staying over night somewhere, still carry a small bag with shoulder strap. Only bring the bare essentials and remember the TSA rule of 3-1-1. When arriving at the San Diego airport, go out the front exit on the street level and walk to the right, go to the #992 bus stop sign. Buses run every 12 minutes or less. Get on the #992 bus and ask the driver for a $5 day pass, this pass will be good all day long and good for both bus and trolley. Tell the bus driver youre not from here and if he could, call out the American Plaza/Broadway stop, this is where you want to get off the bus and get on the Blueline Trolley. Youll see the trolley, walk across the street and get on the Blueline Trolley marked San Ysidro/Tijuana. If you have any questions, make sure you ask the bus driver or any Transit policeman/Transit information personal. Ride the Trolley to the border, it will stop several times on the way to the border, but it will end at the border. Get off the Trolley and kind of follow the flow of people and watch where they go, theyll head for a walkway/ramp type structure. This is the first of two foot bridges that will lead you across the border. After crossing the first foot bridge youll come to gate that leads to the Mexican Taxi area, Have $5 in hand and the address of the OCC on a piece of paper,, which is #1510 LEONA VICARIO, ZONA RIO, TIJUANA. The OCC clinic is about 6 blocks away from here. NOTE: make sure you have only $5 in your hand and before you get in the taxi tell them youre only going to pay $5, otherwise their going to try to get more money out of you. This is the fastest way to do the bus/trolley/Mexican taxi route, figure in about a 2 hour time frame or less from airport to the OCC. So, heres an example, if your plane arrives in San Diego at 8:00am, you have no checked luggage, just a carry on, come out of the airport, get on bus, switch to trolley, cross the border, take a Taxi to the clinic, you should get there by 10:00am or less. So make your appointment for the fill accordingly. If your spending the night at the Lucerna, you can walk south from the clinic to the Lucerna, its about an 8 block walk south along the Ave of the Heros. Now, if you dont want to take the $5 Taxi ride and feel really adventurous, you can walk to the clinic all the way from the second foot bridge. After getting off the first foot bridge, do not go thru the gate that takes you to the taxi stand, instead, go to the right, you can just watch where the people go and follow the flow and go to the second foot bridge. After crossing the second foot bridge youll end up at the beginning of Revolution Ave by the big Arch. Go straight thru the beginning of the shops and walk a couple blocks to a main street and then turn left, walk about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to a new Costco. Then turn right and head South about 4 or 6 blocks till you come to LEONA VICARIO Street, turn left and the clinics in the middle of that block. Note: If youre a woman or by yourself, I wouldnt recommend this way. The easiest/safest way is to take a taxi after the first foot bridge. When leaving and going back to the USA, just reverse these directions. Note: It depends on which day of the week and time of the day youre leaving to how congested customs gets. The OCC will call you a taxi or if youre staying at the Lucerna theres a Taxi stand there. The Taxi will take you back to the border Taxi stand. You will still have to walk across a foot bridge which takes you over the 10 lanes of cars in line to leave Mexico. From there you will have to get in line with everyone else and go with the flow to the US customs building. You will need your US PASSPORT or photo ID with Birth Certificate to go thru customs. Once thru customs walk out of the building and the Trolley will be right in front of you. Go back to the airport from here, reversing the instructions which brought you to the OCC. Count on a worst case scenario of taking at least 2 hours of standing in line getting thru customs. Note: If your doing your fill trip all in one day, make sure you test your fill before you leave TJ. You never know, you may need to hit the clinic again for an unfill. Also, make sure you leave with plenty of time to make it back to the airport in time for your flight.

I wanted to up date this post. One part of the return back to the border when leaving has changed. This is the change, When taking a taxi back to the border, instead of the taxi dropping you off at the border taxi stand, they will drop you off right at the end of the walk through line. The sidewalk will be to the right when you get out of the taxi, follow the sidewalk and people to the US customs building. I've seen the line backed up to this point, but the line moves fast.

Another reminder, if your going to do the walk across from arrival to leaving,, pack light. Also, buy only a one day bus/trolley pass if your going to do your fill and leave the same day.