please help me out with this????

hello everyone,

its been a while since i've posted but it's just that I have been very busy.. I was bande 04/11/08, and previous to that i had been in a car accident.

had problems with my back but I have been doing better, i would like to believe since I have lost some wieght... well my doctor scheduled me to have shots in my back... i never told him I had the surgery....

i told the chiropractor i had a hiatel hernia fixed....

do i need to tell them..???? I dont see what shots in my back have to do with my lapband.. other than i will be under anesticia and they may see my scar..

what do u think... i really dont want to have to tell them since im in the process of sueing the other driver...

any response would be greatly appreciated.

Did you have a physical evaluation after your accident and prior to getting banded? If so, that will be used in your case for the car accident. If not, then that's a toughie. I would still tell your doctor just in case and also if it came up in court later, it'll make you look bad. I would also talk to your attorney. But as far as medical decisions, I would tell your doctor just to be on the safe side. Maybe you can just go to Dr. Ortiz and ask him. Tell him what kind of shots you're getting and would that in any way hurt you with the band.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you feel better soon! :lb4:

hello everyone,

its been a while since i've posted but it's just that I have been very busy.. I was bande 04/11/08, and previous to that i had been in a car accident.

had problems with my back but I have been doing better, i would like to believe since I have lost some wieght... well my doctor scheduled me to have shots in my back... i never told him I had the surgery....

i told the chiropractor i had a hiatel hernia fixed....

do i need to tell them..???? I dont see what shots in my back have to do with my lapband.. other than i will be under anesticia and they may see my scar..

what do u think... i really dont want to have to tell them since im in the process of sueing the other driver...

any response would be greatly appreciated.

I'm unclear on why you don't want to tell your doctor about this. Were you on painkillers at the time of the accident? Are you afraid the other driver will use this against you in court? On that note, what if you didn't say anything but the other driver's lawyers found out anyway, then they could argue you inhibited your own medical treatment for money.

Has your doctor asked if you have a band or any other implants? If they asked for a medical history you should tell them, that's why they ask. It probably won't make a difference or be a big deal, but that's not really your or my call to make.

I don't think it will make a difference at all. The medications for the injections and the location of the shots have absolutely no effect on your band, and vice-versa. (My dad had these shots until he died... they didn't inhibit any of his surgeries at all.) Tell your doctor.. that way you are safe all the way around.

I would tell the doctor so they could check and make sure the band and port are in place and are not damaged because of the accident. If they have been damaged, it would be the responsibility of the other driver to pay the costs of having it fixed or a new one put in.

Dr Ortiz gave me two cards with information on them about my band. You should show your doctor those cards.

It's no different than having a hip replacement. Would you be afraid of telling your doctor you have a hip replacement? What if the accident affected the implant, would you expect to handle the burden of paying for the costs to repair it? Of course not, the other person would be responsible.

Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Jena