Post Band Diet

I was banded on 5/7/08 and have lost 10 pounds which I am very happy about. I lost the 10 pounds the first 2 weeks though, and have not lost anything else since then. I am eating a 3rd of what I use to and I have been walking every day 30 minutes or longer. I started writing down today what I am eating, but I have been keeping it under 1200 calories. My first fill appointment is 7/4/08, but like I said I am already restricted from the band on my eating. Any suggestions? :dash3:

I was banded 5/8 and have had the same problem down 8 first two weeks and nothing since until this am whenI got .5 of a lb. wasn't great but I can tell you I was excited to at least see the scale move. I am eating very little and I do have restriction. I work really hard to get over 800 cals a day. I keep my protein up and everything else good but am having trouble getting enough fiber so have wondered if that is it. If you want good tracking try fitday.com, it is free and really helps me keep track so eventually it has to turn into loss right????

Hi Mom12! Me too, same problem. When I talked about it with my therapist today, we agreed that I should put up the scale for now.

It's "just a number", not a true representation of the work we have done. She wants me to get in tune with my body, not just hunger wise, but in every way.

So, in the top of the closet the scales went! She also suggested that if I go to the doctor that I turn and face away from the scales and tell the nurse I don't want to know the number.

Wish me luck going cold turkey on weighing!

Jena

I was banded 5/8 and have had the same problem down 8 first two weeks and nothing since until this am whenI got .5 of a lb. wasn't great but I can tell you I was excited to at least see the scale move. I am eating very little and I do have restriction. I work really hard to get over 800 cals a day. I keep my protein up and everything else good but am having trouble getting enough fiber so have wondered if that is it. If you want good tracking try fitday.com, it is free and really helps me keep track so eventually it has to turn into loss right????

Oh my god this is wonderful!! You need to post this site under a new topic for everyone. Today I started doing no carbs, and low calories, to see if this will help. Along the lines of a south beach diet, but except with fruit. I think that is also one of my problems, not eating fruit. Yesterday I realized that I haven't had a piece of fruit in about 10 days, and fruit is very important I think. Thank you so much for your help! :lb23:

I was banded 4/4, and lost 10 pounds to the dot the first week. For the next 5 weeks of post-op, I went up and down 2-3 pounds, always coming back to that same weight the first week post-op.

It's okay. There are alot of other lucky ones on here that lose weight during that first 6 weeks. Dr. Miranda said not to expect any weight loss, anything that happens before your first fill is bonus.

Did it get me down? Sure! Did I get down about it! Of course - seeing everyone else achieve results and not me was very frustrating. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. And then a good friend (bandgroupie) reminded me that we're each different. Our bodies are different. And for me and her both...at least we weren't GAINING weight - which was always our weightloss story. So...look at it that way - if you can sustain your initial weight loss - good for you! You will see your results after you get a fill.

Good Luck! :rolleyes:

I was banded 4/4, and lost 10 pounds to the dot the first week. For the next 5 weeks of post-op, I went up and down 2-3 pounds, always coming back to that same weight the first week post-op.

It's okay. There are alot of other lucky ones on here that lose weight during that first 6 weeks. Dr. Miranda said not to expect any weight loss, anything that happens before your first fill is bonus.

Did it get me down? Sure! Did I get down about it! Of course - seeing everyone else achieve results and not me was very frustrating. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. And then a good friend (bandgroupie) reminded me that we're each different. Our bodies are different. And for me and her both...at least we weren't GAINING weight - which was always our weightloss story. So...look at it that way - if you can sustain your initial weight loss - good for you! You will see your results after you get a fill.

Good Luck! :rolleyes:

It just gets frustrating!! Especially since I do feel the restriction without the fill, and only eat half of what I use to. I saw your reply on that other post, about having a piece a cake and pizza, good for you. Everything you said in that post was right on. I've done the same, had the pizza, had a ice cream sundae, but still couldn't eat as much as I use to. Thanks for your support! :girl_dance:

You are doing great! My only advice is water! Drink it constantly and pee all those pounds away. When I quit losing, I start back on my water and it comes off again.

Ok now I am really discouraged because I got on the scale today and gained 1.5 pounds back. I do know that yesterday I didn't have enough water, but ate very good. I can feel the water retention as we speak. And as of right now, I bought a birthday cake for one of my co-workers and cut me a sliver of a piece and eating it. God it's good!! HELP I am falling off the wagon and getting totally discouraged!! The good part about the cake is, before I would have cut me a a regular piece to eat and probably gone back for 2nds later in the day! :lb6: