June Exercise Challenge

Does anyone know what the rule is as far as lifting weights and ab workouts after surgery? I still have 9 days to go but plan on joining you all for the July challenge!!!

Hi Erin,

If I remember correctly, Dr. Miranda said no exercise for 3 weeks and no abs for 3 months.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, ladies (and gentleman) it is now the start of a new month and a new exercise challenge. I know that the May challenge made me accountable and gave me the motivation I needed to hit the gym, so, in Michelle's absence I would like to continue it here!!

Here is Michelle's introductory post from May's challenge:

"Ok Bandsters we all know that exercise is key to reach the weight loss goals we have set for ourselves! Spring is here and summer is around the corner which means the shorts and sleeveless shirts will be coming out soon as well, so what better time to climb on board!?!?

I've seen challenges like this on other boards and I think it is a great way to motivate ourselves and each other, this challenge isn't about weight loss (of course that will be an added bonus) and it is NOT a competition with winners and losers. Basically it's a way to stay accountable to the exercise you commit to do during the month of May. It doesn't matter if you're running 3 miles a day 5 times a week or just going on a 30 min walk with your dog one day a week, there's a level for everyone! So come join in for support and encouragement. It's easy, just check in and post your progress. Whether you check in daily to list each workout or sum everything up once a week, it helps with accountability.

Everyone is welcome!"

The rules are the same, except I added the Diamond Level for 28+ Sessions, for those of us that are crazy exercise junkies:

STEP 1. Choose Your Personal Goal Color depending on the number of workout you think you'll be able to achieve in JUNE:

Purple Level- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes - giving your all and working as hard as you can for as long as you can

Green Level- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Gold Level- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Platinum Level- 24-27 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Diamond Level - 28+ sessions at least 30 Minutes

STEP 2. Post your Goal Color here in this forum You can even list some of the workouts you plan to do this month!!

STEP 3. Come back to this post each time you complete a workout or check in once a week saying how many workouts you've completed for the prior week

Member list and tally:

Purple Level- 4-7 sessions

Green Level- 5-7 sessions

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions

Soccermom

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions

Blazn :rolleyes: x 1

Nebsmom

Gold Level- 19-23 session

Caroline

crazycoolbutterfly :rolleyes: x 3

Mom12 :rolleyes: x 4

Platinum Level- 24-27 sessions

oxxevettexxo :rolleyes: x 3

Diamond Level - 28+ sessions

Lynzz :rolleyes: x 5

Lynzz - my activities haven't been recorded?

6/10/08 - 45 minute Step Class

6/12/08 - 45 minute Walk

I am trying for bronze, although my knee is still acting up.

10th - walking 1 hour

11th - strolling for 3 hours on revolucion while shopping..

12th - walking 45 min.

GREAT Paula Bee!!! I will add you to the list... So glad you could join us.

Yeah, I won't make my challenge this month because I pull a muscle last week at the gym... but I will do what I can.

hmm....wonder why this topic is not "pinned" anymore??

Ok ladies I have posted everything through today.

We still have half a month to go... so for those of you that are getting a late start, there is time to recover and meet your challenge. So get to work!!! ;) I will be rooting for you!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Because of my injury last week, I am WAYYYYYY behind. I have 15 days to do 18 sessions :wacko:

Anyway, keep up the good work ladies!!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Hey Guys I am finally here ready to join up, I started off June doing good but life has gotten in the way lately so once again I fell off the exercise bandwagon, well as of today I am back on and going balls to the wall in a 3 week boot camp program I made for myself...

You can read the rest of the details about my 3 week challenge in my blog: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?auto...amp;showentry=3

I even posted some before pics in my sports bra and shorts so I can see the changes in my body since I know I will be gaining muscle so I don't want to be mad at the scale numbers...

Anyways the basics of my plan is that for the next 3 weeks while my son is out of town and work is slow I am going to be putting in 3-4 work outs per day each lasting 30 min to 1hr each...

I started today and there are 13 more days in June which should put me at the Platnium level I guess... I will be logging in each night with the specifics of my work outs so here is what I did today (June 17th)

3 workouts total:

Morning: Fluidity Ballet Bar Workout- Intermediate DVD for 35 min

Afternoon: Yoga Booty Ballet Workout- 60's a Go Go DVD for 40 min

Evening: Turbo Jam Strength Training Workout- 3T Tubular Training DVD for 40 min

hey Lynzz, add me on the wagon. I waited the 3 weeks post-op and now it's time to hit the gym again not sure what level I'll be but I plan to take as many aerobic classes offered at my local 24 hour fitness, They are so much fun. So Turbo-jam 3 x/week (45mn sessions), Step aerobics 2x/week (45mn) and salsa 1x/a week (45mn). the goal here is to keep sweating and moving, hopefully lose some...

will that be bronze?

:lb24: :lb9:

WELCOME, WELCOME!! I have added you guys to the list. Deparis, yes that is bronze, .......Can't wait to see your results Michelle!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO...... I am soooooo excited!!!

Anyone else want to join??? It is never too late, we can set half month goals......and be HOT, HOT, HOT by July 4th!!

:lb21: :lb21: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :lb21: :lb21: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :lb21: :lb21: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

P.S. Michelle, I tried to get this re-"pinned" but have not been successful, maybe you can use your influence so we can find it easier??? ;)

Ok Here's what I've done so far today:

Morning: Fluidity Ballet Bar Workout- Intermediate DVD for 35 min

Late Morning: Hip Hop Abs - Fat Burning Cardio DVD for 35 min

Afternoon: Slim in 6 - Burn it Up Advanced DVD for 50 min

I don't know if I'll do anything tonight because my hubby is off work and we are child free so we may go paint the town or something I'll post if I do decide to do another one!!

Thanks Lynzz

I did exactly 3 miles today on the treadmill, alternating power walk with climbing. It wasn't easy, It could not feel my legs LOL. It's amazing how fast you lose muscle strength when you don't use them... A can of Glucerna Select and a good nap later, I'm fine

June 18th - 30 minutes elliptical & 30 minutes circuit training (arms/back/shoulders)

June 19th - 45 minutes elliptical & 30 minutes circuit training (legs)

June 19th - 45 minute run/walk....mostly run :D We need to replan our route so its longer and takes us full hour.

My scale is finally starting to move, YAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party::clapping: :party2: Can't wait to get into the 160's!!!!

Well :lb5: everyone! I know I've been MIA here on the forum, however, we have been on vacation and loving it! Ok here is my update for the past two weeks, and NO I am not fibbing...

Mon June 9 Walk moderate 1 hr

Tue June 10 Walk moderate 1 hr

Wed June 11 Walk moderate 1 hr

Thu June 12 Walk moderate 1 hr

Fri June 13 Walk moderate 3 hrs

Sat June 14 Walk moderate 3 hrs

Sun June 15 Walk moderate 3 hrs

Mon June 16 Walk moderate 3 hrs (after my fill with Dr Acosta in TJ -aka Tijuana)

Tue June 17 Walk moderate 3 hrs

Wed June 18 Walk moderate 3 hrs

Thu June 19 Walk moderate 3 hrs

Fri June 20 Walk moderate 1 hr

During the 3 hour walks, I was sight seeing, shopping, and spending time with my family uphill, downhill, straight cement sidewalks, streets, grass -you name it :D Alot of fun on vacation, lots to do with limited time so always in a hurry :wacko:

Ok ladies, I updated our tallies. This is our last week to meet our challenges. So, hang in there --even if you don't think you will make your challenge, let's make an effort to do our very best!!!

Remember, any exercise is better than no exercise at all!!! :yes: :good3: :yes:

Have a great week!!

:bye:

June 26th - Elliptical (30 minutes) & Circuit Training (45 minutes)

June 26th - Run (45 minutes)

I may still be able to make my challenge for this month!! :D:yahoo:

I have 5 more sessions and 4 more days.....I can do this!!!! :good3: