JULY SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it is ok to travel alone??

Thanks

Shelbyco

Absolutely it's ok to travel alone. I did and many others have that I've read about on this forum. Just pack very very light so you don't have anything too heavy to carry around on your own. You will meet other people being banded the day you get off the plane when you get your ride from the OCC back to the hotel and clinic. At least I did. If not you'll meet people at the clinic are even at the hotel who are patients of Dr. Ortiz's. I felt completely safe and comfortable traveling alone. It was kind of my little get away just for me. My only advice and you'll see others post this is to not go out at night and be sure if you are out in the late afternoon early evening you are in by dark. Best of luck to you and congrats on your great decision. Anymore questions, just ask.

Okay you girls scheduled for the 9th and 10th....we only have a few days to go!!! How's everyone doing on their preop diets? I can't believe I just hit 20 lbs! I keep having dreams that I get the band, and then I can't lose anything!!!

See you there Girls!

Vicki

Okay you girls scheduled for the 9th and 10th....we only have a few days to go!!! How's everyone doing on their preop diets? I can't believe I just hit 20 lbs! I keep having dreams that I get the band, and then I can't lose anything!!!

See you there Girls!

Vicki

Oh my gosh, you've lost 20lbs!?! I feel like such a loser (but not in the good way)! I keep teetering back and forth. I'm so afraid of being turned away when I get there for pre ops on the 8th! Way to go, you're definitely already on your way to losing a lot! See you down there!

Lisa~

JULY 22 I can't believe it :D IT is really booked and I am going to do it....THANK YOU to everyone who post here. I have been reading everything you write... I love the pictures you post as well.... It give me such incentive

My sister and I both having it done on July 22nd, too! I have been a lurker and have enjoyed reading all the information on here! I am excited and nervous at the same time! I will be starting school about 4 weeks later, so I hope I am up to par by then! Thanks for all of you guys sharing your experiences!

Janell

My sister and I both having it done on July 22nd, too! I have been a lurker and have enjoyed reading all the information on here! I am excited and nervous at the same time! I will be starting school about 4 weeks later, so I hope I am up to par by then! Thanks for all of you guys sharing your experiences!

Janell

I am so glad there will be others getting banded at the same time as me. I am going it alone as well. I arrive on July 22 and am having the surgery on the 23rd.

Trudy

See you there Girls!

Vicki

Congrats on the 20lbs! :D

I've lost 15 and am getting nervous about surgery. This worst thing is that I have to leave my little guy at home. I've never been away from him one night let alone 4! :(

m_36161c1b7c35296087be02cafc20d3d9.jpg

This year has been a memorable year, Jenn and Cassie on the Oprah show, The Lapband Forum has its largest gain in members and people have been making the big decision in their lifes by having lap band surgery. Lori and Carolyn have been busy booking surgeries and a lot of them will be coming to the OCC in July. Meet your bandster buddy here at the forum and get to know them before you get to the OCC. So, lets hear from the July surgery and fill patients.

Anyone getting banded July 23?

Hi everyone,

I am new and have a surgery date of July 25th!!!

Sylvia W

Hi Sylvia! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I am getting banded the same day as you, July 25th. Are you coming alone or with someone? Where are you coming from? Can't wait to meet you there. We can join Bandland together.

See you Soon!!!!!!!!!

My sister and I are also scheduled for July 1st. We are both very excited.....and very nervous.

my sister and I will be going sometime in august. I am nervous about it please let me know how it goes for you. good luck

Congrats on the 20lbs! :D

I've lost 15 and am getting nervous about surgery. This worst thing is that I have to leave my little guy at home. I've never been away from him one night let alone 4! :(

m_36161c1b7c35296087be02cafc20d3d9.jpg

He is such a cutie!!!! I would have a hard time leaving him, too. I am sad to leave my 5 and 8 year old home with relatives, too.....

Congrats on the 15 lbs! Good job. I will see you there!

Vicki

Hi Hope,

I am coming alone from Kansas City on the 24th!!! How about you?

We fly in on the 24th as well. I think my flight lands at 8:30(?) that morning.

Hi Tadpole! We are about the same weight and similar goals. I am so apprehensive; not about surgery exactly, but living life with the band. How are you doing? Where are you from?

I am feeling the same about living with the band. Can I really do this? Food is my best friend. Some one here said something to me that made sense....you are giving up one set of problems for a new set of problems, but the new problems will get you healthy, not sicker...

I will be starting the preop diet this weekend. I would like to get to 190 before surgery.

I am in Calgary Alberta. Where are you from?

Hugs

Trudy

He is such a cutie!!!! I would have a hard time leaving him, too. I am sad to leave my 5 and 8 year old home with relatives, too.....

Congrats on the 15 lbs! Good job. I will see you there!

Vicki

Thanx! I think so too, but I'm a little bias :D

I leave in the morning (7:50am) and get into SD around noon, see ya there

I am not booked for the surgery YET. I was just notified today that I could get a date in July if I choose to. I am still researching and trying to decide what to do. All I know for sure is that I REALLY want to be healthy, and to have enough energy to do things I want to do with my 2 girls who are now 13 and 9. I have missed out on so much already.

I have asthma due to my weight, apparently I recently started snoring, I have joint pain. I am 38 going on 72! How are you feeling about the surgery? What helped you to make the final decision?

Many thanks and enjoy the new you.

Trudy in Canada

Hi Sylvia! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I am getting banded the same day as you, July 25th. Are you coming alone or with someone? Where are you coming from? Can't wait to meet you there. We can join Bandland together.

See you Soon!!!!!!!!!

I'm also coming on the 25th, kinda unsure about crossing the border, and getting to the center.

I'm not sure I'm posting this correctly, but I am also coming on the 24th, having surgery on the 25th.

Congratulations on making the decision. Can't wait to meet you. Are you coming by yourself or with someone?