June 5th = I can eat solids again!

So today I'm 3 weeks out from surgery and I can eat solids again...but I haven't yet. It's almost 9am my time and I had a slim-fast for breakfast because I'm freaking out about solids!! A) I know liquids won't hurt my band or stomach and B) I am terrified of old cheeseburger loving habits to come back!! Aaarrrrggggghhhh!!!! :wacko:

Hey Amber,

Don't be afraid, this is the start of the new you! Do take baby steps, and check out Anita's posting right below. She's right with you on eating real food. There are some great ideas there http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6567 and I know you'll do great. If you haven't yet you might want to go to the store to stock up on some things. I like soft moist food, but what could be moist to me could be a show stopper to others. So its really baby steps, taking small bits and chewing really well. Also even if you can eat more, don't, stop at what would be 1/3 of your normal intake. During the liquid faze you shrank your stomach, and before your first fill, you may or may not be able to eat much. You'll see that we're all different.

But do try solids, don't go back to hamburgers, that would most likely stretch your pouch. And know that you’re a strong person, you’ve had surgery, traveled to Mexico to have it done by the best doctor, and you’ve only eating liquids for the last three weeks, hey nothing can stop you from reaching your goals now!

Go girl, have fun and conquer!

Lisa

I feel the same way, yesterday was my first day for solids, I am so afraid that I to will go back to all those old habits. It's funny, after I was banded all I could think about was what my first meal would be! Lobster, steak, mexican. then when the time came, I ate a little chicken and a few bites of eggs. And even then I felt guilty.

Soup and shakes have been our comfort food for 3 weeks, I guess it will just take time to adjust to real food again.

good luck, Linda

Hey Amber.. just starting work so don't have much time. I'm feeling exactly the way you are, must be normal. I just had 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, and 1/2 of a small banana. That's breakfast. I could actually feel a little tightening in my chest just as I was finished the banana, so I guess that's all I could eat. Tough part was remembering not to drink after. I usually drink a fair amount in the car on the way to work. I will have to try and have my breakfast a little earlier in the morning, so I can still drink the water on my way in. For lunch I have a 1/4 c of tuna with a tiny bit of low fat mayo, and a small green salad, and a small piece of watermelon. Not sure if I'll have room for the watermelon, but I'll see how that goes. May have to have that for a snack with a small cup of jello. Let me know how your day goes. Good Luck! Anita