Port site pain

I'm kind of worried about how sore my port site is. The incision looks fine, but I am relying heavily on ibuprophen to keep it from burning when I move around. I was banded on the 26th of May. Did any of the rest of you experience prolonged pain there? I haven't had abdominal surgery before, so I'm not sure what is normal.

I did. When I returned home from Tijuana, I reached down to dry off my left foot, and it felt like a knife was sticking in me. It was powerful. Even today, almost two months from surgery, it will be uncomfortable, but NOTHING like it was the first few weeks. I learned what made it hurt, and avoided that activity.

I was told it was something to do with scarred tissue. I called and talked with Dr. Martinez, and he explained how the port was placed near the surface. But it feels much better (and Dr. Martinez said it would take a couple of months) now, with minimal discomfort where there once was agony.

It shall pass, if your pain is the same issue.

Guest cedartown

I'm the guy that was banded that day.My port is the only thing that still hurts & still has a silver dollar sized bruise.

Walking helps me a lot.I quit the gas x on day 2 & when i get any type of pain,i just walk around for about 5 minutes.

Mine is still tender about a month post surgery. Every now and then when I'm laying on my stomach sleeping, I'll move in a weird way and it's a burning pain. At first I thought it was the stitches, but those have to be dissolved by now...who know...it gets better every day so I'm ok w/ it. :-)