Okay, so I have a confession. I am in week 2 post op - finally at the creamy soup stage.... which I have been eating like I should. Today, for whatever reason, I was just ravenous and wanting to chew something. It was killing me to not be able to CHEW something!! So, I had a salad. I know bad bad bad :blink: Ugh. I think I came very close to PBing because I started feeling this tightness in my chest like there was a lump in there. I stopped eating, and sat there for a minute thinking 'oh man, I am going to throw up' and I could feel it starting to like inch back up my esophagus, and I got up and started walking and breathing as deep as I could. Luckily I didn't throw up or anything but I came close. Never again! That was so uncomfortable. I am afraid now though that I stretched my pouch out and I ruined everything. Meh. :lb12: I learned my lesson thats for sure!

I will learn from youre mistake no eating beforw my time. Pick you're self back up. If you think you hurt your band call the doctor or someone at the OCC. I hope everything is ok.

Oh dear, I hope you feel better...try eating a popcicle or low fat fudgecicle if you need to chew. I am sure your band is fine...it takes alot to stretch your pouch..I wouldn't worry about it happening after one unfortunate experience.

Take care, Cathy

You should be OK.... I know what you went through and boy does it hurt!! :lb12: How much salad did you eat? You were probably feeling the tightness because of the swelling. Does you stomach still hurt\ache? If so, maybe go with clear liquids tomorrow and let it rest. Best wishes, Darlene

Carrie,

Just my opinionm but I doubt you stretched your pouch with one little sidetrack. I think it would more of a repeated or continued pressure to strecth out. I think the real danger is causing yourself to PB and slip your band while it hasn't been healed in place. Please be careful!

As for the chewing... I am feeling your pain! I actually had a dream last night about Wheat Thins and I chewed them for 20 minutes (in my dream) before I swallowed.

I will tell you what I did today that helped a little. I tried Campbell's Velvety Potato Soup at Hand. It did have little hunks of potato in it, so I chewed my soup! It was probably a little bit of a cheat from "creamy soup" but it really helped.

Also - if you're like me, weekends are a little tougher. I'm looking forward to going to work on Monday where I know I'll have a very busy day and will have less time to think about Wheat Thins!

Summary -- Don't worry. I doubt you did any damage. Hop back on the wagon -- you can do it. Just a few more days. (Okay, 11, but who is counting!)

~Tanya

Carrie.. as you said, you have learned and won't do that again. Sometimes, that's what it takes. I'm sure your band is fine. Probably just a little tender in there because it's probably still swollen and healing. If you feel the need to chew something, do what Mama Michelle did (or at least I think it was her), chew and spit. Put it in your mouth, chew the heck out of it, enjoy the flavour, and then spit it out in a napkin. You'll be fine!

Carrie.. as you said, you have learned and won't do that again. Sometimes, that's what it takes. I'm sure your band is fine. Probably just a little tender in there because it's probably still swollen and healing. If you feel the need to chew something, do what Mama Michelle did (or at least I think it was her), chew and spit. Put it in your mouth, chew the heck out of it, enjoy the flavour, and then spit it out in a napkin. You'll be fine!

Hi all! I was banded June 5 and have been daydreaming of all my fave foods. Big fantasy today was what it would feel like to have at least 1/2 cup of peanut butter just sitting there in my mouth...lol, followed by chocolate, preceded by lasagnia; well, you get the picture. This is tough stuff; not for wimps yeah? I'm surprised about the salad causing the PB altho by now, nothing I learn should come as a surprise. There seems to be so many possibilities. If we can just get thru these 3 weeks, we will be in a great position for this whole thing to be a success I think. see ya later, Sufina