Revolution Ave

I love to shop, but honestly I have been so focused on getting my band that it didn't cross my mind about shopping. So please.....do tell.....What is this place I am hearing so much about? Revolution Ave? What do they have there? Any tips on going? I arrive the morning of July 1st, my surgery is July 2nd in the morning and then I stay overnight till the 3rd in their clinic/hospital, and then am discharged to the hotel until the 4th when my plane leaves. So I wonder when I will get some shopping done? I would LOVE to hear from you all about your shopping experiences.

:P~dianna~

Revolution is so much fun....it is about 4 blocks of little shops that have touristy kind of goodies! They have lots of fun stuff for the tourists to buy as well as lots of restaurants and clubs (didn't go to these though). They like to bargain, so never take the first price offered and you can dicker with them. They are very aggressive though with their selling and will follow you down the street to sell you stuff. Not for the meek, but fun to experience the excitement of TJ!

I love to shop, but honestly I have been so focused on getting my band that it didn't cross my mind about shopping. So please.....do tell.....What is this place I am hearing so much about? Revolution Ave? What do they have there? Any tips on going? I arrive the morning of July 1st, my surgery is July 2nd in the morning and then I stay overnight till the 3rd in their clinic/hospital, and then am discharged to the hotel until the 4th when my plane leaves. So I wonder when I will get some shopping done? I would LOVE to hear from you all about your shopping experiences.

:P~dianna~

not sure about Rev ave BUT my surgery is on July 2nd too!!!! YAYYY!!! My name is Karen by the way. Im from PGH PA but live in St Pete Florida now :-)

I was banded on June 4th. Went to Rev Ave the morning of June 5th and then flew home the afternoon of the 5th. I only made it through a few shops before I was out of cash, haha. It was fun!!! And it's great to get walking in after surgery, especially before a flight. :)

Bargain with the shop owners, don't give them what they ask for. You can get "name" brand purses, jewelry and everyone goes crazy over their pure vanilla, they sell it everywhere. There are pharmacy's every couple of shops. They sell prescription drugs over the counter down there. [didn't get any though] Make sure you go with friends, I wouldn't go anywhere alone down there. Even the Hotel staff will tell you to be in before dark. [They told us that anyways] Have fun, we sure did! Try the resturante in the lobby, it's really good! =D>

Okay okay....I have to ask! Whats a Tijuana Zebra????

There are guys on just about every street corner on Revolution Ave. that have donkeys painted like Zebras and you pay them to take a photo with it. Personally, I feel sorry for the poor animals! :lb12:

There are guys on just about every street corner on Revolution Ave. that have donkeys painted like Zebras and you pay them to take a photo with it. Personally, I feel sorry for the poor animals! :lb12:

I feel sorry for them too! They stand in that hot sun all day not moving. When I was down 2 weeks ago with my neice, she went to the store and bought a bag of apples and walked up and down the street giving all the donkey's a treat! They really loved the apples. And it made us feel good to help them.

Rosarito Beach is worse though. There, they have horses all over the beach just standing in the hot sun on the scorching sand waiting to give people rides. There is no food or water for them and they look so sad and tired. I was so upset when I saw them, I had to leave. That is, after I went up and petted them all.