What's the deal???

I was banded a week ago today. Up until today...I have never really felt too hungry but just knew that I had to eat and I would eat. Well today..I have actually been hungry!! I'm not eating a lot and I'm not eating anything more then creamy soup, yogurt, juices, etc...well I had a little mashed potatoes today but no solids. Anyway...I'm probably being paranoid but I just wanna make sure that I haven't slipped my band or messed anything up??? :lb12: And if my band did slip, would I know it?? I'm a worrier sometimes and just need reassurance!! Thanks guys!!

Thanks Sellie...haha!! I'm a big dork...but I'm just paranoid!! And you know what...the last hour or so...all of a sudden I'm burping (sorry TMI) and I feel so much better, like the gas escaped!! hehe :girl_dance: I put the soup in the blender like you did and it made it a little creamier and dang was it good!! LOL

The creamy soup is delicious!!! And burping feels amazing, haha... even though I slightly feel like I'm suffocating for like a half second before it happens, it's great when the gas escapes.

I had read some things about "band slippage" and it looks like you only have to worry about that if you keep throwing up. I'm more worried about stretching out the pouch... I read that can happen when you eat solids too soon... that's what's keeping me from getting a nachos bell grande from Taco Bell. LOL

OMG Nachos Bell grande is my FAVORITE!!!!!!! LOL What I don't get is what keeps my pouch from stretching when I do start solids?? Why will it strech now and not then?? Oh and I forgot to tell you that yes, we're going to OCC for fills. We're only about 2 1/2-3 hrs drive so we have no prob going back there. Have you guys decided yet?

I keep asking my husband if the nacho cheese counts as a liquid.... hahaha! Good question about the stretching later but not now situation, hopefully someone can help us out there. We're going to go to the OCC at least for the first fill... not sure on the later ones.

OMG Nachos Bell grande is my FAVORITE!!!!!!! LOL What I don't get is what keeps my pouch from stretching when I do start solids?? Why will it strech now and not then?? Oh and I forgot to tell you that yes, we're going to OCC for fills. We're only about 2 1/2-3 hrs drive so we have no prob going back there. Have you guys decided yet?

If you over eat solids, you can stretch your pouch. Also, Dr. R said that if you drink while eating you can stretch it. The food will be sitting on top of the band, slowly going through and if you drink on top of it, it causes pressure and pushes out on your pouch which can cause it to stretch. Did that help or did I totally confuse you??? :blink:;) Darlene

Hi Gals- I started with the hunger on saturday. Only 5 days after surgery!!! Lisa my friend did not start until yesterday. Now that's not fair she got a whole 4 days of unhunger before me. I think I might write the OCC about this. (LOL) I did call and they said my swelling was going down and that was a good thing. I now have 13 days until something solid and taco bell sounds good. Although I will start with something softer first. What would be a good food to try first? Steak or Pizza or something like taco bell? What do yall think? Dawn