How many calories....fat grams....carbs?

Ok, so my weight loss has slowed down a lot in the last couple of weeks and I started looking at what I was eating. I still have a lot of restriction so I am not eating much at all. So I started keeping a food log, counting calories, fat grams, etc. Yesterday, for example, I only took in 896 calories, 28 grams of fat, 37 grams of protein, & 130 carbs (which I know sounds like a lot, but by the recommendations made by My-Calorie-Counter based on my weight, my target should have been 300) - WOW that is a lot of carbs. So - what are your suggestions? Also please tell me what your calorie goals per day are, carbs, fat grams, protein, etc. My-Calorie-Counter (based on my weight) recommended only 50 grams of protein. But based on the other calculations that were posted on here, I'm not sure if that is right. So, the wonderful support group that you are, give me advice. Should I increase my calories to 1000 or 1200? Don't forget, I also want to know what you're eating!!

Misty of course I am not post-op yet but based on my pre op diet, I am only getting about 600 calories a day and I am not losing at all.. I would try increasing your calories and decreasing your carbs alittle (just my opinion)....good luck though and keep me updated on your progress K... Your an inspiration to me!

When i went to get my second fill i asked the doctor about the calorie intake. I told him that i have always been taught that you need calories in order to loose weight. He told me that was incorrect. He said that you need three meals a day with healthy choices, and than if you want to increase the amount of calories, you will also have to increase the amount of exercise. I sounded weird to me since for my whole life i heard differently, but hey he is the doctor.

Hmm that's interesting. I have a friend who was banded a couple years ago and she insists that if she cut back too drastically her weight loss would stop. I've always heard that the body goes in to starvation mode with less than 1000 calories. It is interesting that he stressed the type of food being important. Maybe that is the key.

Cheryl