previous abdominal surgery

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

This is a great question. I do not have an answer for you but this is also something I have been concerned with. I have had 2 C-Sections and am scared that I will get down to Tijuana Wednesday and that they will tell me they are unable to do the surgery for some reason like scar tissues.....

If anyone has any experience with this please let Sandy and myself know how it went and if you had any problems.

Thanks,

Erin

I'll try to answer your question but I am not a doctor. I am an RN with lots of experience in the OR doing abdominal surgeries (c/sections actually). Any area that you have had surgery in will develop scar tissue and also what's called "adhesions". This is where the tissue actually adheres to the bowel as it heals. Anyway if you were having another cesarean section each one tends to be potentially more tedious because of this scarring. Everyone heals differently though and some people have no problems of any type from previous surgeries. So Erin because of the type of surgery and the area where the incision was is so far below where Dr. Ortiz will be working I think you'll be fine as I reiterate it's almost a totally different area with different areas of the body affected. For you Sandy it depends of what type of abdominal surgeries you've had i.e. what areas of your belly? Where are the incisions and what were they working on or what type of procedure was it? I refer both of you to speak at length with your Doctor's of course but I hope this gives you a little better idea of what's involved. Good luck.

I have had appendectomy, exploratory lap (infertility), 4 c-sections and finally a tummy tuck to remove all the baggage. So on the outside the scar is very low. I wondered about the inside though. I don't know if adhesions only form where there has been an incision or where anything has been manipulated on the inside. It would devastate me to get down there and be turned away because of this.

Erin, do you have a date scheduled? Mine is July 28th.

Thank you for your help

Ive had 2 c-sections a hystorectomy, gould bladder removal and he did my surgery june 10th hope this helps but if not call them they will be more than happy to answer all youre questions.