My new WII FIT!!

I've been trying to think of some type of "exercise" thing that would work for me. I decided the new WII Fit looked like it had enough variety and some friends have it and love it. I actually got mine at Costco for only $80.00 which is about $20 off prices at other places. Anyway my husband set it all up because as you all know , or maybe don't, I am to put it mildly "technically challenged" when it comes to electronic/computer stuff. Since I am only 10 days post-op I knew I shouldn't do much of anything on it but wanted to see how it worked and what the heck it was all about. I happily created my own little WII replica of myself. You get to choose each part of your face etc. to make you're little person you see on the screen who represents you.

I checked out the different things one of my favorites is the step program. Again I want to emphasize so as not to start a frenzy that I did nothing physical except pseudo stepping which is like walking which is allowed. Anyway I ended up looking at the Yoga program and thought to myself how great that would be because I am so stiff and out of shape and balance and it's something I've wanted to try for years. Well to make a long story a little shorter I only attempted the first pose called half moon (I think) 1 time each side and was barely able to bend over to my side with my arms all the way up in the air and I was trying to hold it and swaying all over the place and really only held the pose maybe 5-6 seconds while trying to coordinate the breathing. Meanwhile my husband is laughing so loud, rolling on the couch and almost peeing himself and the cat and the dog are trying to join in with me. To finish up here I stopped because I started feeling a muscle spasm in my mid back and it just wouldn't go away. It got worse before it got better. This morning it still hurts and my stomach also hurts more. So here's my lesson that I hope you all just take it from me and don't push your limits....I AM SO OUT OF SHAPE I MUST START WITH NEONATAL(baby still inside) steps. I need to modify this stuff to make it at my speed which is about -8 right now!!! All I can do is learn from this and know that I must be careful. I do want to add that the programs I did see look like alot of fun and I can't wait for my 3 weeks to be up to try out some of the things. It really is a motivator for me right now and maybe anyone reading this will want to try it too!!

I LOVE my Wii Fit!!!! It is the best thing! There is a game called ski jumper and in the game you have to balance on the board while squating and keeping this little ball inside the center, meaning that you are standing at the center of your balance. The closer to the center you are the faster the little Mii character goes down the slope. You have to jump at the exact right moment and try to jump the farthest distance... My husband and I spent a few hours doing this and competing with each other. The next day my upper thighs were so sour from all of the squating which means that it must have worked some muscle that I wasn't even aware I had!!!

Hey kittycat I love your new ticker and slogan. I'm hopping in that cute little car with you so now you've got company!!! Even if gas prices are sky high we can take turns pushing the car for added workout!!!LOL

Thanks! I look forward to the road trip with you and anyone else who wants to hop in!!!

My actual car is a blue Mazda 3-Zoom Zoom...if I can find a blue car on the ticker, we'll be going in style in a blue car.

Cathy

I have had my WII Fit for a over a month and really like it. I can work out for 45 min or more with out getting bored. when I have worked out doing other things I would look at the clock and say things like "It has only been 10 minutes?" I have only been doing a few things nothing too physical or for too long because it has only been a week since I was banded, but I cannot wait till I can work out and really sweat like I was before my band. I also love that it tracks my weight and BMI. :)