Help me with a post-op shopping list please.

Ok I am about to run to Wal-Mart to pick up some things that I am going to need for post-op.... I am going to post my list and you guys add to it what you think I am going to need.

Ice Shaver

Baby spoon and fork

Phazyme gel tabs

Powder Protein

french onion soup mix

chick and beef cubes

vitamin water

sugar free poposcles

sugar free jello

some loose fitting gym pants or maybe some little dresses...(I don't know about the dresses cuz I have some thighs on me and I cant handle for them to rub together!) LMAO!

Anything you guys can add to this will help...

Ice Shaver

Baby spoon and fork

Phazyme gel tabs

Powder Protein

french onion soup mix

chick and beef cubes

vitamin water

sugar free poposcles

sugar free jello

gum (I chewed gum and was told it was okay by Dr. Miranda)

apple juice

Gas X strips

White grape juice (was a favorite of mine)

Soups at hand: creamy tomato was the best

Liquid vitamins

Dawnie, should I get the can juice and make them or can I buy just a bottle of apple juice and white grape juice? I heard somewhere where you should mix it with water so that is why I am asking...

Also what kind of vitamin, like centrum silver or just any kind of multivitamin that is liquid is fine?

Ice Shaver

Baby spoon and fork

Phazyme gel tabs

Powder Protein

french onion soup mix

chick and beef cubes

vitamin water

sugar free poposcles

sugar free jello

gum (I chewed gum and was told it was okay by Dr. Miranda)

apple juice

Gas X strips

White grape juice (was a favorite of mine)

Soups at hand: creamy tomato was the best

Liquid vitamins

I also picked up the Salter Nutitional Scale that tells me the nutrient break out of everything I weigh. It's awesome and stylish. I keep it on the island in the kitchen. It breaks out calories, salt, protein, fat, carbs, cholesterol and fiber for whatever you weigh. It comes with a book that has every imaginable food coded. You toss whatever on the scale, input the code and it gives you the break out based on the weight it detects. It was $99 Cdn.

I keep playing with it 'cause I can't eat solids yet. I've measured pretty much everything I can get my hands on. hehe.

I chewed SF gum yesterday to get that ketosis taste out of my mouth. I'm sorry I did. My shoulder is killing me today!

At home I bought a bottle of apple juice and a bottle of white grape juice and I dilluted them. Make sure you dillute otherwise you'll have a few accidents :0

I bought Centrum Liquid Vitamins but others have recommended chewable flintstones. I'm sure there are others but liquid worked best for me.

If you are checking your luggage, you might take some boxed juices with you on the plane so you don't have to pay 3.00-4.00 a glass of juice in the hotel restaurant.

Good luck. I'm so excited for you!

Dawnie, should I get the can juice and make them or can I buy just a bottle of apple juice and white grape juice? I heard somewhere where you should mix it with water so that is why I am asking...

Also what kind of vitamin, like centrum silver or just any kind of multivitamin that is liquid is fine?

bariatriceating.com sells clear 3oz protein "bullets"- look like testtubes. I have been retaining fluid since surgery, am really hungry and these have really helped. I water them down with a huge amount of water so they taste like vitamin water- they provide 42 gms protein and have really helped me feel better and heal. Because they are clear you can have them and Dr. Acosta told me to use them when I didn't feel well. Also needed to drink more. good luck.

The only thing I can think of is a blender or a Magic Bullet.

ohhh.. I lLOVE LOVE LOVE my magic bullet... it's great because right now I really can't get anything really solid down till the afternoon... .so it's great for a morning smoothie / protein drink mixed with ice for a "shake" or mango margarita.. oops.. I don't usually have that for breakfast but I do have it for dessert!

I think I am going to have to get a magic bullet....Can I pick one of these up at Wal-Mart or I have to order it online?

the Protein is available online at (I have not seen them in any store):

http://www.supplements.net/New-Whey-Liquid...hey-42g-ids.htm

I have the Blue Rasberry (looks more greenish - like a mouth wash) I put a little shot in every water bottle so I have something constantly over the day. The taste is o.k., I will try the fruit punch or grape next.

I also can recommend the GNC 100% Whey Protein Shake, they come in different flavours and are soooo yummmmiee. They also have about 20% of Protein per serving (SlimFast has 10 %). I usually to 1 1/2 scoop with fat free or lo fat milk.

They are available in any GNC store or online at http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?catego...&cp=2665513

GOOD LUCK, Sweetie !!! Looking forward seing you on the "other side" ... the bandland !!!!!

I actually have one of those Protein Bullets in my fridge now.. I bought one Saturday from the health food store I went in.. It was 3.66 for the one I bought.. It is grape flavored.. I am going to drink it some times this week to see how I like it.. Thanks for the link they are for sure cheaper on that website then buying them from the health food store... Thanks!

Careful with the apple juice!! Even though it tasted wonderful during the liquid diet, it gave me diarrhea like no one's business. :bad: Once I stopped drinking it, it went away. Just keep it to a minimum. :)

Great idea.

Be careful with pain relievers. I had a horror story. I needed something for pain and thought I'd open a liquid gelcap. Well, I did and that stuff was AWFUL, I spit and choked and gagged for what seemed like hours.

Be sure you have liquid pain reliever or chewable pain relievers!!!!!!!