Sholder Pain?

It's been 14 days since my surgery and at first I had a lot of gas pains in my sholder. I did not think much about it because I really expected it. This forum prepared me for it and I knew to walk and walk and walk. However 2 week later I just figured out today I get the gas pains right after I drink a protien shake or danactive or evn a creamy soup. I am fine except when I eat. Is this normal? Did anyone have this problem? My sister just had a hisroectomy and she said her gas was gone in 5 to 7 days. Will I always suffer with the sholder gas pain or am I doing something wrong? I would still take the pain to be thinner but I would still like to know. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Dawn

I had the same problem until this weekend. Tomorrow, Monday, is two weeks after my surgery and I am so glad that I finally stopped having the shoulder pain. I would get the pain right after eating or drinking. Yours should be ending soon too.

Honestly, I am almost 3 mos post op and I still get the shoulder gas pain sometimes. It sucks!

Mom, I am also almost 3 months post op and I too still get the shoulder pain occasionally. I think if you have right shoulder pain it is gas related (as the phrenic nerve is associated with the right side) but if it is left shoulder pain I think it is due to damage of the crus of the diaphragm (whatever that is). My pain was so severe, I acutally researched nursing and medical journals and found this..... http://www.core.monash.org/assets/document...ers/2005-52.pdf This is a research study conducted on lap band patients and their shoulder pains. Anyway, my pain did subside after about 2-3 weeks post-op but would hurt again after eating too much or too fast. Then when I got my first fill the pain came back (now I know there was not gas inserted there, which leads me to believe the article) for about a week. Now, it still hurts occasionally but it is so bearable. Anyway, hopefully it will go away soon but keep us posted.