Food Journals

Hi, Just wondering....I haven't seen many posts or references in posts to "food journals". From all my many previous attempts at weight loss, this was usually one of the top suggestions they encouraged you to use.

Is anyone using a food journal and if so, do you find it helpful?

Seems to me like it couldn't hurt and it might be especially helpful to those that aren't having the results they are looking for.

Thanks,

Kim

Yes, Kim, I keep a food journal. Well at least during the week I do. The weekend I get kind of slack. I actually did this to make sure I was taking in enough calories. And actually I wasn't. I like it because it also helps me keep track of my carb and protein intake too. My journal is through my-calorie-counter.com

Hi, Just wondering....I haven't seen many posts or references in posts to "food journals". From all my many previous attempts at weight loss, this was usually one of the top suggestions they encouraged you to use.

Seems to me like it couldn't hurt and it might be especially helpful to those that aren't having the results they are looking for.

Thanks,

Kim

Yes, I am using Spark People. I think Evette posted an invitation just a little while ago. It is a really neat site where you can earn spark points by doing certain things....helps with keeping motivated. http://sparkpeople.com

Thanks for those web sites. When I saw them it made me think of a web site I had used similar in the past, www.fitday.com, the site is free too. Funny thing, when I logged in after like 2 years of not using it, it was at my exact weight today! I think that is a sign!!

Yes, I use sparkpeople also. It is addictive. I keep track of everything I eat.

I am using spark people too!! Kimmie was the one that posted about it the other day though I had read about it in people magazine in their "I lost 100lbs" issue last month...

Here's a link to my spark homepage: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp

at the bottom left corner it says View my food and exercise log, you can click on that to see what sparkpeople are eating and what they are doing for exercise...

Here's a link to my food log for today you can scroll through the arrows to see other days: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_tracker....e=6%2F16%2F2008

Oh and if anyone is interested I made us a sparkgroup called OCC Bandits. Only myself and Michelle are members right now.

Thanks,

Kim

I use FitDay. It keeps me honest! :D:D

Audrey

I have been tracking my food for the past week on sparkpeople and it is really addictive, and sometimes VERY eye opening...

My hubby and I went to a country western bar last night with some of his friends I had 5 drinks because every one bought a round for everyone else and there were 5 of us, this is the first time I have had anything alcoholic (other than 2 glasses of wine) since being banded...

So I go in this morning to log them and 5 rum and pineapples equaled like 900 calories, I about fell over in my chair!! I need to bring my crystal lite packets with me the next time we got to a bar... lol

Now we did do a lot of dancing about 1.5hrs worth which SP said burned 690 calories so in the future I either need to drink less or dance more, lol.