What is your goal size?

I would like to be a size 8. I can't even imagine!

I am thick around the middle so right now I am still in a 16..that is from a very tight 20 though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be a 9 but thrilled if I got to an 11 and dreaming if I made it under a 9. Of course I have always been a dreamer. I really just do not know. I think my body has changed and I do not know what I would look good at. I might just try to keep going until my body stalls out. I think my body will tell me what is a good weight for me. Dawn

An 8 for me too, Kim. Though secretly I'd like to be a 6 someday......

I once as an adult wore an 8 (only 3.5 years ago) and took it for granted!!! I am in a 16 now too... My stomach is all crazy since just having a baby, but it looks better already (my daughter Evee is 3 months now) so hopefully it'll look normal someday!!!

Karen

Kim I just noticed that you and I have almost the same stats, etc... height and highest weight. My goal is 150 though and then it's really 140 but I am aiming for 150 now since I haven't weighed that since I was like 15.... I am at 204 now and can't wait to hit 199!!!!!

Hi All

I would be happy being a 12 what am I saying even a 14 would be nice.LOL

I've just started wearing a 16 from a size 20.

I had tons of 18's but they are now too big.

My closet consists of 1 pair jeans, 1 pair of bermuda shorts, 2 pairs capris, 7 t-shirts and 1 summer dress.

I did have to buy undies so 7 pairs undies and 2 bras.

My husband is seriously worried about how much I'm gonna spend when I reach my goal.

Nicolek

An 8 for me too, Kim. Though secretly I'd like to be a 6 someday......

I once as an adult wore an 8 (only 3.5 years ago) and took it for granted!!! I am in a 16 now too... My stomach is all crazy since just having a baby, but it looks better already (my daughter Evee is 3 months now) so hopefully it'll look normal someday!!!

Karen

Kim I just noticed that you and I have almost the same stats, etc... height and highest weight. My goal is 150 though and then it's really 140 but I am aiming for 150 now since I haven't weighed that since I was like 15.... I am at 204 now and can't wait to hit 199!!!!!

I would love to be a 6 too. Gosh I can't even imagine! 199 will be here and long gone before you even realize it. :rolleyes: We will throw you a party!!

My daughters name is Evie, I think we pronounce it the same! She is 3 years old.

Cool! Yes it's Evee as in E-Vee... We didn't want to do the traditional spelling because with her middle name (Lynn) her name looked like Evie L which looks like evil to me......

My goal was a size 10, that came and went - I'm now a 4/6 and trying to stop from getting any smaller!! I never thought that I could be this size –when I started I was a 22 or 3X.

You’ll most likely loose more than your goal – most people I know have. (When you start at a 22 its hard to imagine getting to a 10), when you get to a 10, you can quickly without much effort move to a 6! And then what’s really interesting is how exercise - which is much more fun when you’re smaller - really starts affecting your body.

I started as a 22 in Jan and was in a size 20 when I had my surgery in late Feb.. After being banded I went down a size each month even when I was only losing 7-10lbs a month (March- size 18 April- size 16 May- size 14) Currently I have been in a size 12 for a few weeks but I'm thinking I won't reach a size 10 till I am around 160-170lbs.. My weight is more evenly dispersed which is good I guess for dropping sizes but I'll never have those skinny arms and legs like some of ya'll out there...

I never really thought of a goal size the smallest I recall being was an 8 in high school when I weighed 140ish, and that was with 2hrs of drill team before school and lacrosse practice after school, I still have a lot of muscle so I don't know if I'll be able to weigh much less than that but when I went to the store to try on new goal dresses I got an 8 and a 6 off the rack and tried the 6 first which I was able to get on so I didn't even try the 8... so for now that's my goal size on paper!

I figure my body will settle where it wants to and if I want to keep losing I can use the band (and a lot of exercise) to get me in the smaller sizes... So I would be happy as a 10, excited as an 8 and over the moon ready to pose for playboy if I ended up a size 6 (lol, not really on the playboy thing sorry WillT but you girls know what I mean)

An 8 would be lovely, although I would be happy with a 10/12. I do not want to have to shot in the "special" stores anymore.

Although that being said, I started at a 22/24 and am down to a 14/16 top (almost to a normal store) but pants because of my belly are 18 (so sad). I am thinking I will have to have a tummy tuck to wear normal clothes.

Too funny Michelle. You know willT was right on that.

Even though I told Dr. O that I came to his clinic to find the body that matched my ankles, I'd be happy being a size 10 again. It's been 7 years or so.

The ankles just need to get bigger so I'll be all set. Anyone know how to make ankles bigger?

I started as a 22 in Jan and was in a size 20 when I had my surgery in late Feb.. Currently I have been in a size 12 for a few weeks and I'm thinking I won't reach a size 10 till I am around 160-170lbs.. My weight is more evenly dispersed which is good I guess for dropping sizes but I'll never have those skinny arms and legs like some of ya'll out there...

I never really thought of a goal size the smallest I recall being was an 8 in high school when I weighed 140ish, and that was with 2hrs of drill team before school and lacrosse practice after school, I have a lot of muscle so I don't know if I'll be able to weigh much less than that but when I went to the store to try on new goal dresses I got an 8 and a 6 and tried the 6 first which I was able to get on so I didn't even try the 8...

I figure my body will settle where it wants to and if I want to keep losing I can use the band (and a lot of exercise) to get me in the smaller sizes... So I would be happy as a 10, excited as an 8 and over the moon ready to pose for playboy if I ended up a size 6 (lol, not really on the playboy thing sorry WillT but you girls know what I mean)

So I have to add a disclaimer to mine – Manda, I did have a TT tuck and a breast lift – which I’m sure brought my sizes down a bit and helped. Once you do all the work to loose the weight, I was not going to settle……

And Dawnie – I know a good surgeon – I’m sure he could make your ankle’s bigger, if be can give me a perfect waist and perky boobs; he can give you thick ankles!

My goal was a size 10, that came and went - I'm now a 4/6 and trying to stop from getting any smaller!! I never thought that I could be this size –when I started I was a 22 or 3X.

You’ll most likely loose more than your goal – most people I know have. (When you start at a 22 its hard to imagine getting to a 10), when you get to a 10, you can quickly without much effort move to a 6! And then what’s really interesting is how exercise - which is much more fun when you’re smaller - really starts affecting your body.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Lisa that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an inspiration you are!!!!!

I'm shooting for an 8!

I have not really thought about the size just the weight on the scale. The smallest I was ever was a 11, but today I think I would be happy with a 14. I'm saying this cuz i'm in a size 20 and I just can't imagen being small. I'm just happy right now that my 20 are not tight anymore. :wacko:

Until I found out that I could actually get a lap band a size 14 was my dream goal. Now, for the first time in ages I'm starting to imagine getting even smaller than that - a 12? a 10? Dare I say 8?

I'm truly a big boned girl so I just have no idea how small I could get - and what size/weight I'll be. But I'm certainly determined to work hard and make the most of the band and see how small I can get.

But just shopping at regular stores would be such a miracle!

:lol:

I started out as a size 18 but now I am wearing size 12 pants and size 14 top (the cups runneth over) and I have only lost 20 pounds and have another 40 to go. I liked being a size 8 (way back when) but when I look at what my babies did to my tummy (I had two c-sections and have a terrible belly flap) I don't know how possible that will be without a tummy tuck.

I'm shooting for a nice single digit like size 8 but I'm be really thrilled to be a size 6. If I made it to a 4 I'd be crazy happy because then I'd be as slim as 2 of my sisters. I'm currently a 14 so I've got a ways to go before a 4.