How to make something a habit

I received a book about weight loss surgery from Fill Centers when I had my first fill. (I don't have the title off hand, it's at home) It mentioned something that really stuck with me and I thought I'd share.

It said it takes 21 days to make something a habit.

21 days is not a long time, people! that's only 3 weeks. think about all the GOOD habits you could learn by doing them for just 21 days. (Granted, everyone is different and it make take certain people less or more time).

I think I'm going to start my first habit with the gym. I never minded working out, it was GETTING to the gym that was my problem. On Thursday, I get paid and I'm going to take advantage of Gold's Gym $14.99 month to month program and start a 21 day challenge. I will go to the gym EVERY DAY for 21 days, even if it's just for a half hour to walk on the treadmill. Hopefully this works!!

Hi Erin! I believe it's 3 weeks for cardio - I would wait longer for anything aerobic or any abdominal work. Walking is ok, but don't wear yourself out. Swimming is good after 3 weeks, too.

I received a book about weight loss surgery from Fill Centers when I had my first fill. (I don't have the title off hand, it's at home) It mentioned something that really stuck with me and I thought I'd share.

It said it takes 21 days to make something a habit.

21 days is not a long time, people! that's only 3 weeks. think about all the GOOD habits you could learn by doing them for just 21 days. (Granted, everyone is different and it make take certain people less or more time).

I think I'm going to start my first habit with the gym. I never minded working out, it was GETTING to the gym that was my problem. On Thursday, I get paid and I'm going to take advantage of Gold's Gym $14.99 month to month program and start a 21 day challenge. I will go to the gym EVERY DAY for 21 days, even if it's just for a half hour to walk on the treadmill. Hopefully this works!!

I have heard of this before as well... really, 3 weeks is not a long time! I don't plan to go every day, but I plan to get there 3 days a week... with walking outside on the "off" days.

I want to do the 21 days straight so that hopefully, by the end of those 21 days, it will be easy as pie (low cal, sugar free pie) for me to go. Then, once I've established the gym into my normal routine, I'll shorten it to 3-5 times a week

Funny you mention this I started my 3 week Boot Camp workout routine today because my son left today for grandma's and he will be gone for 23days and since work is slow right now I need to get my butt in gear, I am going for 3-4 work outs per day over the next 21 days (I will be on vacation with Evette for a few of the days so I'm thinking I'll take those 2 days in the middle of that off) hopefully it will become a habit so that when he gets back I'll stay in the habit of at least 1 workout a day!!

You can read the rest of the details about my 3 week challenge in my blog: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?auto...amp;showentry=3

Funny you mention this I started my 3 week Boot Camp workout routine today because my son left today for grandma's and he will be gone for 23days and since work is slow right now I need to get my butt in gear, I am going for 3-4 work outs per day over the next 21 days (I will be on vacation with Evette for a few of the days so I'm thinking I'll take those 2 days in the middle of that off) hopefully it will become a habit so that when he gets back I'll stay in the habit of at least 1 workout a day!!

You can read the rest of the details about my 3 week challenge in my blog: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?auto...amp;showentry=3

Did someone post that lapband book once before? I would love to read the whole thing.