Hello everyone...

Hello everyone, my name is Holly and I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in TJ June 9th. I love reading this board and I love all the support and topics that are here! I'm loving my band so far...it's nice to meet you all!!! Me details: Married 19 years, two children, 3 weeks shy of 18 (son) and 13 (daughter). My family is very supportive of my decision to be banded! This all my childhood/teen years, started putting weight on in my 20's...gradually went up. Lost 44 lbs a year and a half ago, then went through some pretty major stress (lost a very dear loved one) and put it back on over the next year. Of course I went up even higher than where I started (isn't that the norm?). Anyway...topping the scale at one point at 296, I decided at 293 it was T.I.M.E. to take matters seriously. Don't want diabetes, heart problems, tired of being tired, breathing hard and my body hurting...so I DID IT!!! I have a very good friend banded by Dr. O 9 months ago and watching her lose 96 lbs was a HUGE encouragement for me!!! So...I'm here and it's nice to meet you ALL!!!

Holly

Hello everyone, my name is Holly and I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in TJ June 9th. I love reading this board and I love all the support and topics that are here! I'm loving my band so far...it's nice to meet you all!!! Me details: Married 19 years, two children, 3 weeks shy of 18 (son) and 13 (daughter). My family is very supportive of my decision to be banded! This all my childhood/teen years, started putting weight on in my 20's...gradually went up. Lost 44 lbs a year and a half ago, then went through some pretty major stress (lost a very dear loved one) and put it back on over the next year. Of course I went up even higher than where I started (isn't that the norm?). Anyway...topping the scale at one point at 296, I decided at 293 it was T.I.M.E. to take matters seriously. Don't want diabetes, heart problems, tired of being tired, breathing hard and my body hurting...so I DID IT!!! I have a very good friend banded by Dr. O 9 months ago and watching her lose 96 lbs was a HUGE encouragement for me!!! So...I'm here and it's nice to meet you ALL!!!

Holly

Welcome Holly!

sorry to hear of your loss. It is great that you have decided to get healthier! along with us all here.

Keep up the great work, and soon you will be like your friend!

Hi Holly,

Welcome to the board! :D I am scheduled to be banded in only 2 short days so I will be joining you guys on the band side!! I can't wait! This board is a great place to get information and to ask any questions you may have.

The people on this forum are very supportive and have been very instrumental in easing my mind when I have concerns. The best part is usually I do not have to post my concerns because others have already posted them so I can sort through all kinds of questions and answers that relate to my situation and pick the ones I think will help me best.

Congratulations on your new band and again welcome to the forum!

Erin

Hi Holly and welcome to bandland and here's hoping you will become a frequent poster on the channel. Obviously we need more women (no offense Dolittle, willT and cedartown)!

YES YOU DID IT!!!! WAY TO GO :):)

Can't wait to get to know you better!

Hey I was the 10th I think I met you as you was leaving, was you the one that came back the night of the 10th with youre daughter? Congrats on youre disicion. Take care and keep us posted.

Welcome Holly,

It is nice to meet you. Good luck on your journey. I have learned so much from this forum and the encouragement from everyone is such a boost when you are low.

Cheryl