YAYYYYYYY Bracket and post free!

Thank you, Thank you all for the support you showed me in my first post. http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6838

I called the orthodontist's office this morning, and first, they said they were full today. I guess my anger finally showed, because I told them that I wanted these bottom braces off TODAY! She found a spot for me at 11:00am. In the office, I was called back to a station and told the technition "I CANNOT CHEW." She soothed me saying it was alright... that it would be alright... that Dr A. would find a way that worked for me. Dr. A came back, and I told her the same thing and to do what was necessary to let me chew thoroughly. She "sawed" off the posts on the back of my front teeth, and removed the "ramps" that she thought would let me chew, but only met in one point on each side. Next, she had me bite down to see where the upper teeth hit on the bottom braces. She had to remove all of the bottom front brackets, and most of the back ones.. I think I have about 5 bottom brackets left, and they aren't connected to anything. (I am not sure why, actually... probably so she won't have to replace them later.)

She rounded off the brackets on one side, and told me to try and eat and come back. I did; I was able to eat on the left side, but felt like I was biting metal on the right side. I went back to get her to round it off... she told me to bite down, and with a LOUD snap, the bracket that was inteferring went flying. I said, "I guess it was a little bit high." I tried to smile sweetly, but it was probably a little smirky.

She was wonderful about the whole thing and did her best to make me comfortable and still have the maximum torque. I honestly have to say that I have no torque at all now...lol..

SOOOOOOOOo... I can chew... and chew... dancing the dance of joy...

The technition read my lap band literature and we talked about really being between a rock and a hard spot with the posts and the chewing. She also quizzed me up and down about Dr. Ortiz and OCC. After all that, she told me that her son needed the lapband, and she would research Dr. Ortiz on my recommendation.

Maybe it took all this for me to be in the right place at the right time... maybe the band will save that young man years of misery.

Big HUGS to all those of you that have loved me through this mess..

I am happy

Oh PaulaBee, Im so happy for you. :D But now is my turn I've been good till today I have the worst pain in my port site only. No redness, no swelling just pain. Maybe because its healing.

But still glad you're ok.

Any bruising? Any edema? Does it hurt when you are not touching it? Are you running a fever?

I would just call the clinic to hear what they have to say and to relieve your mind.

Make sure you are taking Tylenol and Ibuprophen or aleve...

Worrying about it is as bad as the pain...

Any bruising? Any edema? Does it hurt when you are not touching it? Are you running a fever?

I would just call the clinic to hear what they have to say and to relieve your mind.

Make sure you are taking Tylenol and Ibuprophen or aleve...

Worrying about it is as bad as the pain...

No bruising, no fever, it doesnt hurt when I touch it. Its just below the incision, I wonder if its because its healing? Who knows But I will call The office and let them know. Thanks PaulaBee

Paula, I've been thinking about you all day. I'm sooooooo happy for you! Go out and have steak tonight, just because you can! ;)

6 months on liquids -that is just weird that they told you that. I don't think anyone could do that.

As for the port pain shrty, I'm about 6 weeks out from being banded and I would say for the first 5 weeks my port bothered me. More like a bruise feeling than heavy pain, but if I bent down to pick something up or twisted the right way, it would let me know it was there.

Now I don't feel anything at all!

Jena

Paula, I've been thinking about you all day. I'm sooooooo happy for you! Go out and have steak tonight, just because you can! ;)

6 months on liquids -that is just weird that they told you that. I don't think anyone could do that.

As for the port pain shrty, I'm about 6 weeks out from being banded and I would say for the first 5 weeks my port bothered me. More like a bruise feeling than heavy pain, but if I bent down to pick something up or twisted the right way, it would let me know it was there.

Now I don't feel anything at all!

Jena

Thats how it feels like its in the inside part. And now that I think about it I did some bending looking for some files at work, so that might have aggrevated it. Thanks Jena.

Paula, something just occured to me...when I went to my ortho's office I saw a new kind of braces....the ones that go on the back side of the teeth. I know you said you have an overbite and that your top teeth hit the brackets on the bottom...but what if your bottom braces were on the back? Did your ortho mention that?

Thats how it feels like its in the inside part. And now that I think about it I did some bending looking for some files at work, so that might have aggrevated it. Thanks Jena.

I am exactly where you are shrty835, I try not to bend, because it causes discomfort in the port area. My surgeon said today, that any tingling or discomfort is normal healing. You have no redness or fever, so you are probably right, just overdoing it a little. Take it easy!

Cathy

I am glad you stood up for yourself. I know it can be hard when your dealing with doc's and all. But at the end of the day you are the patient and you have to be able to live with what they give you. It was crazy what you were going thru. I am so glad things got better today. Best wishes. Dawn