Post-op Check-Up

Hello,

I had my post op check up today and all is healing well. My weight loss is going well so far, considering I am eating 1% of what I used to!!LOL!!

I start on solid on July 11th and get my first fill on July 16th.

I am feeling well, still a little tender, itchy and tired, but looking forward to a whole new life!!! :D

Now I am excited!!! =D>

Cheers to all!

Cathy

WTG =D> Cathy, We had the surgery on the same day, but different place. Why no solids till the 11th our solid day is the 1st of July, liquids for 21 days. Different doctors I guess. Keep up th good work girl.

Yay.. yay.. I am so happy your check-up was good and you are doing great!

(Doing the happy dance.. woo woo!)

If we all would do the happy dance for each other on each opportunity, we would lose weight even faster!

Happy happy dance dance.. woo woo

WTG =D> Cathy, We had the surgery on the same day, but different place. Why no solids till the 11th our solid day is the 1st of July, liquids for 21 days. Different doctors I guess. Keep up th good work girl.

Hi Denise,

I think you're right, I have a six week schedule...1-4 day post op-clear liquids, 2 weeks of creamy soups, yogurt, pudding, 2 weeks of mushy food, mashed potatoes, blended foods and then 1-2 weeks of soft solids, eggs, fish etc.

So actually on July 11, it's soft solids.

I will double check with my clinic when July roles around to make sure of the order of food...because they said I would be on solid food by the time I get my first fill on July 16th.

Take care, Cathy

Thanks everyone!

I did go back to work on Monday, I was tired afterwards, but glad I did it.

I am getting sick of creamy soups though, and need to find a fabulous, melt in your mouth, out of this world with flavour, soup!

I have seen, cream of potato, creamy carrot and torilla soup on this forum. Does anyone else have a fabulous soup they want to share?

Have a great day!

Cathy

I posted a Creamy Cauliflower soup in the recipe section but it is blended. The only thing is that Dr. Miranda had told me blending veggies was okay and I didn't know Dr. O said no blender until later. Anyway it is thinner than the campbell's cream of mushroom if you don't add much flour so it should be okay. I totally lived on it and it was the highlight of my day when I was on soups. In fact I miss it now that I am on solids, lol. B)

Cheryl

Hi Denise,

I think you're right, I have a six week schedule...1-4 day post op-clear liquids, 2 weeks of creamy soups, yogurt, pudding, 2 weeks of mushy food, mashed potatoes, blended foods and then 1-2 weeks of soft solids, eggs, fish etc.

So actually on July 11, it's soft solids.

I will double check with my clinic when July roles around to make sure of the order of food...because they said I would be on solid food by the time I get my first fill on July 16th.

Take care, Cathy

Each doctor has their own prescribed diet. OCC is 21 days liquids -- clear then to creamy followed by solids on Day 21. We don't have a mushy food segway perhaps that's why yours is extended?