Banded 12 days ago and still not hungry???

I was banded on June 9th and I'm still not hungry. Has anyone else experienced this? I am guessing there is still swelling. I am curious to know if that is common.

I emailed OCC and Dr. Ortiz called me the next morning (how amazing is that? No such after care in US) and he suggested 2 tylenol daily for 2 days to bring down swelling. Then I thought...hmmmm...maybe I want to keep the swelling until I'm on solid foods!!

I have so much trouble swallowing my pills (that can't be crushed) and drinking some things that I am beginning to worry I won't ever be able to eat solid foods.

I was hungryby day 6. It was a rough couple of days until I got my creamy soups. I would do what Dr. Ortiz says. I would think you would want your swelling to go down but I know it is different for everyone. Good Luck. Dawn

That's so nice to hear that Dr. O called you back directly!

I would think that if you called you, rather than just emailing you back it's probably because he was concerned.

I would definitely follow his advice. You don't want your stomach to develop an infection or anything...

Good luck!!

it took me over a week to even feel hungry. I was at the pool yesterday reading Dr. Ortiz's book and they said the band causes a "satiety effect" on your stomach, which keeps you from feeling really hungry or hungry at all. As the swelling goes down, you'll get hungrier.

it took me over a week to even feel hungry. I was at the pool yesterday reading Dr. Ortiz's book and they said the band causes a "satiety effect" on your stomach, which keeps you from feeling really hungry or hungry at all. As the swelling goes down, you'll get hungrier.

I also read that even if you aren't swollen the band rests on the vagra (sic) nerve which controls discussion between the brain and your hunger so it's sending a message that you're not hungry in the early stages.

I also havent been hungry, and yesterday I went to my local doctor so he could check my incisions, because the one on the port was ouzzing a little. He cleaned it up, put new tape on it and said it look very nice. He then wanted all the info for the OCC and Dr. O, he was very impressed, mainly with the results Ive had so far. I too was told to take two tynelols for the swelling. But I dont have to crush they go down 1 at a time. Good luck with everything.

I spoke too soon. I'm starting to feel a little bit hungry. Thankfully, I've discovered peanut butter milkshakes at Dairy Queen and that little bit of added protein seems to keep me full longer. I try not to indulge more than once a day.

:D