Excess Skin

How do you get rid of excess skin from weight loss or prevent this problem from happening?

Extra skin on the belly, arms or legs is a concern for individuals who have a large amount of weight to lose. This extra skin experience seems to happen more in people who lose a large amount of weight in a relatively short period of time.

It takes longer for the skin to "shrink" than to lose the weight. In most cases, when you are losing weight slowly and consistently (about 1-2 pounds a week), the skin will naturally "shrink" so to speak, along with the loss of fat. So you’ll need to give it some time. Exercise with weights, which helps to tone your muscles, can also help with the skin.

"Special creams" really do not work and can border on being rip-offs. However, you can use a good moisturizer to hydrate the skin.

Written by Dean Anderson, Certified Personal Trainer

Thanks Jann, that's great info...that is the exact reason I chose banding over gastic bypass.

Once I can exercise again, besides walking, I plan to get some weights or a home weight system to firm up my arms and legs. My tummy is too far gone, I think and will need a tummy tuck, but I want to do everything in my power to avoid having surgery on my arms and legs!!

Have a great weekend, Cathy

Thanks Jann, that's great info...that is the exact reason I chose banding over gastic bypass.

Once I can exercise again, besides walking, I plan to get some weights or a home weight system to firm up my arms and legs. My tummy is too far gone, I think and will need a tummy tuck, but I want to do everything in my power to avoid having surgery on my arms and legs!!

Have a great weekend, Cathy

I hear that!! You have a great wekend too!

Thanks!!