New to the Forum

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and wanted to let you know that I decided to go through with the surgery because of all of the positive feedback that I read on this forum. The support you share for one another is a huge benefit. I have support from my family, but they are all skeptical that I chose to have the surgery done in Mexico. My surgery is scheduled for July 25th. Anyone else going around this time?

Hope to hear from yall.

I just had my surgery on Thursday and am doing ok. This morning I started vomiting, but a phone call to the clinic and they picked me up at the hotel. Once back at OCC, they checked my band for blockage (there wasn't any) then put me on a IV to get rid of the nausea and kicked in some vitamins.

I am doing better, but think I am coming down with a cold. This is a GREAT place to get it done as everyone is so rsponsive to our needs and fears. Congrats on your decision.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and wanted to let you know that I decided to go through with the surgery because of all of the positive feedback that I read on this forum. The support you share for one another is a huge benefit. I have support from my family, but they are all skeptical that I chose to have the surgery done in Mexico. My surgery is scheduled for July 25th. Anyone else going around this time?

Hope to hear from yall.

Congrats on your decision to have lap band surgery and also for picking the OCC!! I had my surgery in March and chose not to tell many people. I didn't want to go through having to explain everything over and over and over. I don't have any regrets and am getting adjusted to my band. Hopefully one more fill will find my sweet spot! =D> Welcome to the forum and if you have any questions, just ask. There are alot of great, supportive people on here! :wub: Darlene

Hope to hear from yall.

Welcome and congrats on your decision for the lapband. I was banded on June 16 at the OCC and have had no problems at all. Since

my surgery date, I have lost 13lbs. Plus the 32 lbs that I lost on pre-op diet and I have not felt this good in years.

Congratulations Jim. Wonderful to hear that you haven't felt that good in a long time! You deserve it! Hope... you have made the best decision, and once you have it, you will be thankful that you chose the OCC and this forum for support. I look forward to talking with you more. Anita :cheerleader:

Welcome Hope!! And congratulations on your decision!

:lb14:

I get banded in two days - I'll post about my experience afterwards - yay!

-Susan

Good Luck Susan and Hope! It helps to know there are so many of us sharing the same experiences and supporting each other! YEA US!!

Janet :wub:

Thanks for all of the support. I too have not told many people. Just family and few very close friends. I am very excited. I have some co-workers who have had it done and they are very supportive. Goody Luck Susan!!!! Let us know how things go. :)

Welcome and congrats! You will not regret it at all.

Good for you Hope :) Hope you have a great surgery experience. I cannot wait to welcome you to Bandland!

Hope to hear from yall.