Anybody go to the zoo after surgery

I am having pre-op on a Wed., surgery on Thurs., and not flying home til Sun. I fully expect to hit the Revolution Ave. fiasco on Friday. Since we are staying an extra day, we are debating on whether to say in Tj. on Sat. night or go to the San Diego zoo on Sat. and stay in San Diego. It seems like walking around the zoo would probably be good for me on Sat., but just concerned about how I might feel. I'm pretty sure I'll feel OK, since usually I'm a quick healer, and tough as a nickel steak, but never had any work done on my gut before.

If anyone did go to the zoo, did you buy tickets at the gate or somewhere else. I saw that tickets were kinda high online, but quite a bit cheaper on ebay. Is there any other stuff in San Diego or TJ that are "must see" other than resteraunts.

I have not been to the SD Zoo, but my parents went a few years ago and loved it! I was well enough to walk around and do stuff, so you should be too, just take breaks if you need to...sit and watch the monkeys :wacko:

I LOVED the zoo! It is very, very hilly, and I would not have made it if we hadn't rented one of the little motorized handicapped scooters. I don't even think my hubby could have pushed me up some of those hills.

Rent a scooter and have a great time.

I am having pre-op on a Wed., surgery on Thurs., and not flying home til Sun. I fully expect to hit the Revolution Ave. fiasco on Friday. Since we are staying an extra day, we are debating on whether to say in Tj. on Sat. night or go to the San Diego zoo on Sat. and stay in San Diego. It seems like walking around the zoo would probably be good for me on Sat., but just concerned about how I might feel. I'm pretty sure I'll feel OK, since usually I'm a quick healer, and tough as a nickel steak, but never had any work done on my gut before.

If anyone did go to the zoo, did you buy tickets at the gate or somewhere else. I saw that tickets were kinda high online, but quite a bit cheaper on ebay. Is there any other stuff in San Diego or TJ that are "must see" other than resteraunts.

We are going to go to SeaWorld after our fills on Aug 8th. I think you will be fine. Rev Ave has a lot of great deals- MAKE SURE YOU NEGOTIATE! They will tell you $60 in one store and then the same thing 3 stores down will sell it for $20...TRUST ME! Also if you are flying...they make beautiful sculptures and figures but make sure you don't buy the ones that can break easy. I had to buy an extra bag to fly home with because I did not have enough space and most of my figurines did not make it in one piece ;-(

The more you walk the better you will feel. It might feel like the Port is pulling a little on your stomach muscles but I was assured that it was normal. The gas pains really subside when you walk and are a lot more bearable.