Pain meds at OCC???

I was just wondering what if any pain meds are given after surgery. And do they send you home with some or prescription. I ask this question because I just didn't know if you could fill a prescription from mexico here in the US. I don't usually use the pain meds. Two c-sections and didn't use them. But I like to know they are available just in case.

Jessica

Since they don't want you swallowing pills after surgery you are given 4 pain pills that dissolve under your tounge. I don't recall the name but they are perscription strength, it's just the OCC gives you the actual pills directly instead of having to go to the pharmacy..

I used mine but I didn't feel much relief, but the pain was so minimal that many people never even open them.

Since they don't want you swallowing pills after surgery you are given 4 pain pills that dissolve under your tounge. I don't recall the name but they are perscription strength, it's just the OCC gives you the actual pills directly instead of having to go to the pharmacy..

I used mine but I didn't feel much relief, but the pain was so minimal that many people never even open them.

They give you dissolving Toradol(ketorolac). Its quite strange cuz they dont have Toradol that dissolves in the States. But the pain isnt really too bad but I guess everyone is different.

I have taken my pain pills. I haven't been in serious pain but I didn't want to wait and see if it would go up the pain scale. Today while shopping in Tijuana, I stopped at a pharmacy and bought more Imitrex (for my migraines) and another box of the sublingual pain medicine. I'm sure the OCC would have given me another box had I asked. I DO wish I had brought my inhalable imitrex as I was forced to crush and swallow (nasty) a pill today when I had a headache.