My Banding Experience at the OCC on 7/24/08

Hi everyone. First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their support on this forum. All of my fears and doubts were extinguished by reading the experiences of everyone else. Thank you all for helping me make the decision to have this surgery at the OCC.

I arrived on Thursday, 7/24/08 around 9:30am starving to death because I had fasted for all of my pre-op. I was also looking forward to a great meal before my surgery on Friday. That didn't happen, however, I did lose 8lbs on the pre-op diet. I went in to see Dr. Miranda and she informed me that there was an opening and asked if I wanted to go ahead and get my surgery done on Thursday. (nothing like pulling a bandaid off fast) I agreed because it did not give me time to sit and stress myself out Thursday night.

The clinic was very nice and clean. The staff was great. They were very attentive and checking on you before you could begin to think you needed anything. I started feeling a little nauseated that night, but they immediately gave me something in my IV and took care of that.

I was brought back to the Lucerna on Friday morning after my zoom whitening and the hotel staff was great. We went walking on Revolution Ave and hung around the hotel a bit.

I have had a little bit of gas pains in my shoulder, but nothing to really complain about. It is definitely not what I expected. I was expecting a whole lot more pain. It just feels like I have done too many sit-ups.

Again thanks for all the support and answers to my questions.

Welcome to the group. Everyone is always willing and able to answer any questions you may have, so don't hold back! I'm addicted to this forum since I've been banded.

Denise