SEPTEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

I'll be there. I get my first fill on the 25th and my daughter and I are staying till the 27th. I'll be the fat guy of course, but the one whose clothes are starting to be quite baggy on him.

I guess I will be the other fat guy, less baggy clothes but no hair! Leaving on the 27th too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far away do you live? The fill itself is nothing, but it is good to be within easy travel distance of the clinic the day afterwards in case you are too tight and have to go back for an unfill. We have driven over from Phoenix, gotten fills, then driven back home in one day. It isn't that likely that you will need an unfill after the first fill, so I don't see a problem.

THank you! THis is what I expected, but I wasn't sure. I think I'll use a stay fro the next fill, if needed.

Getting exicted!!! Don't bite your nails cottonwoodaz.

Good to see you are going Twiddledee & daughter.

With the 2 Taras that makes 5. Anyone else for the 12th?

Pool party on the 11th if anyone is interested.

It's my birthday, :party:

Count us in! Plan on making a huge spash for the last time (if you know what I mean). What a wonderful gift to yourself - Happy Band Birthday! =D> See you later!

:D GOOD LUCK AND BEST SKINNY WISHES to all of you that are having surgery in September! :D

I had mine done on August 29th and it has been a great decision and so much easier than I was worried it would be. I started out with my pre-surgery diet at 220 and am down to 203!! =D> The best part is everyone at work is starting to notice. :D I am already down two sizes from when I started at 220. I know you all worry about the liquid diet for 3 weeks. I am 12 days into it, it has been super easy. I am not hungry!! The hardest days where days 4 & 5 and it was re-training me. I felt like a shark swimming around my prey (the refrigerator and the cubbards), but it was that thinking that I should be eating but I was not hungry. I am really testing my emotional eating on this too! We just found out my mom has breast cancer (stage 4) which has spread to her spine in three spots, breast, lung, and her head. She has always been thin, and is a two time breast cancer survivor prior to this. She has to under go back surgery, the strongest most agressive chemotherapy they have, and radiation. I am so proud to say no cravings for junk food, chocolate or gallons of Dr. Pepper! :D Before surgery I was a huge emotional eater! The support of Dr. Ortiz's office has been great. They have answered any questions I have called them with, the hospital clinic was really nice, the staff was awesome, the other doctor's were great, now about Dr. Ortiz he is his own Dr. Mc Dreamy of Mexico. ;) Noone knows that I had surgery done but my husband, because I did not want them saying "ANOTHER DIET!". :wacko: I had to do this for me. I hope me sharing how easy it has been would help all of you! I wish you all good luck and "cheers - to the "new thin/healthy us"! =D>

Kim in Ramona (outside San Diego)

Mommy...are you really getting nervous? I am excited beyond belief! What is your real name so I know to look for you? We are getting banded the same day! yea! I cannot wait, I cannot wait!

C

I am nervous, but excited. I have only lost 4 lbs. on the pre-op diet and I need to lose 12! That is really worrying me...I only have 5 days left. My name is Angel and I will be traveling with my sister Megan. I am really happy to be having the surgery, but I am from a rural area and people just don't take off to Mexico to have medical procedures. I haven't told many people about this trip.

I think about how my life will change after the surgery, and can I do it. I just have so many things on my mind it races at night and I can't sleep.

Guest CaraMBA09
:D GOOD LUCK AND BEST SKINNY WISHES to all of you that are having surgery in September! :D

I had mine done on August 29th and it has been a great decision and so much easier than I was worried it would be. I started out with my pre-surgery diet at 220 and am down to 203!! =D> The best part is everyone at work is starting to notice. :D I am already down two sizes from when I started at 220. I know you all worry about the liquid diet for 3 weeks. I am 12 days into it, it has been super easy. I am not hungry!! The hardest days where days 4 & 5 and it was re-training me. I felt like a shark swimming around my prey (the refrigerator and the cubbards), but it was that thinking that I should be eating but I was not hungry. I am really testing my emotional eating on this too! We just found out my mom has breast cancer (stage 4) which has spread to her spine in three spots, breast, lung, and her head. She has always been thin, and is a two time breast cancer survivor prior to this. She has to under go back surgery, the strongest most agressive chemotherapy they have, and radiation. I am so proud to say no cravings for junk food, chocolate or gallons of Dr. Pepper! :D Before surgery I was a huge emotional eater! The support of Dr. Ortiz's office has been great. They have answered any questions I have called them with, the hospital clinic was really nice, the staff was awesome, the other doctor's were great, now about Dr. Ortiz he is his own Dr. Mc Dreamy of Mexico. ;) Noone knows that I had surgery done but my husband, because I did not want them saying "ANOTHER DIET!". :wacko: I had to do this for me. I hope me sharing how easy it has been would help all of you! I wish you all good luck and "cheers - to the "new thin/healthy us"! =D>

Yea! Kim in Ramona!! whooo hooo

I love hearing the first two weeks of liquids have been okay. I have been a bit worried about that. I also understand the whole weight thing at work, I am TIRED of being the fat girl in the group.

Guest CaraMBA09
I am nervous, but excited. I have only lost 4 lbs. on the pre-op diet and I need to lose 12! That is really worrying me...I only have 5 days left. My name is Angel and I will be traveling with my sister Megan. I am really happy to be having the surgery, but I am from a rural area and people just don't take off to Mexico to have medical procedures. I haven't told many people about this trip.

I think about how my life will change after the surgery, and can I do it. I just have so many things on my mind it races at night and I can't sleep.

Angel, start walking!! you will be surprised how walking even two miles (about 30-45 minutes) can make a huge difference in your metabolism

Kim, thank you for your story - sounds very familiar! I appreciate your honesty - only three more days until my surgery........ :o

Let me know how you do with your band. You will be so glad you did it. :wub:

All the challenges with my mom are getting to me tonight. And then :wacko: I got a promotion today at work that I am not sure I really want...too much on my plate o lright now. A couple of months ago I wanted it. Remember water, water, water, and follow what Dr. Miranda tells you to do. Get a pedomter and put it on the minute you wake up in the morning and get a goal of 10,000 steps a day. I did 9164 to day. Just wish I could be there for the party! :lb21:

• 2 weeks later...
Angel, start walking!! you will be surprised how walking even two miles (about 30-45 minutes) can make a huge difference in your metabolism

I appreciate you sharing your intiacy with us! I will add you mom to prayers! It is so beatiful to have such a strong women in front of you!

The summer is flying by and soon autumn will be here. Where has the year gone? For those who have scheduled their lap-band surgery or fills in September, this is the post to meet with your future "Bandster Buddies" and start that new life long relationship. So,, post your date when your going to be at the OCC. Having lap-band surgery is a new start to your future,, It will be a new you and with new friends!

Hey everyone.

I don't really know what i'm doing here, never posted before and not sure if I'm doing it right.

I Am a trucker of 11 years 6' 0". my weight is average for a trucker 305 lbs.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I am in my pre-op diet stage and have lost 18 lbs to date. :D

I am going to TJ for my band 09/25/08 leaving 09/28/08

I am being operated by Dr Martinez on the 26th

:-h MariaG, looking forward to seeing you and your Mom there. :-h

I will be there 9/25 to 9/28 anyone there for these dates? I will be there with my mommy!

Hey MaryG ;) I am also being banded on 09/26/08. I will be flying in from NC.

We get to San Deigo around noon. Imy pre op diet is going well. I am down 18 lbs. with

4 days to go. See You There :-h