OMG!!! I am being banded August 15th at OCC!!!!

I'm SO excited! And I'm SO scared! I just reserved my surgery date with Lori and just received all of my info. As many of you know, I haven't told my husband yet (plan on giving him the letter on Friday or Saturday) and then need to make my airline reservations...or make reservations first...I don't know which way is up! In the back of my mind, I half am hoping my husband will warm to the letter I give him and will agree to come with, but I'm preparing for the worst. So...planning a trip all the way from Kansas City to Tijuana...alone...never having gone anywhere alone in my life...boy I'm in for an adventure! In more ways than one! :wacko:

Wow, good for you!! You have a date already..amazing!!

I hope all goes well with your husband, but if by chance it doesn't, keep your plans to do this!!!

You always have our support! There may be someone here going down for Aug 15th...check the calendar!!

I am so happy for you!!!

WoooHoooo!! I am so excited for you!

Isn't it so exciting to set the date?

Wow, good for you!! You have a date already..amazing!!

I hope all goes well with your husband, but if by chance it doesn't, keep your plans to do this!!!

You always have our support! There may be someone here going down for Aug 15th...check the calendar!!

I am so happy for you!!!

Thanks so much Cathy! You are so sweet and have been such support already. I will check to see who all is going...I just looked at the forms and am overwhelmed with remembering to do everything in a timely manner since it's so soon!

Hi Vix

My husband is being banded the same day.We'll see you there.

Nicolek

That is SO wonderful!!! I am so excited to meet someone from here and you have done so well on your weight loss. I will be talking your ear off...;)

I'm gettin banded on Aug. 14 and also flying from KC.

Oh darn...I wish I'd have known there was someone here from KC...I would definitely have wanted to fly out with you. But, you will be there at least 1 day when I am, so hopefully we will meet. I am going to fly home on Sunday and assuming you will fly out on Saturday. ;) Are you excited?

WoooHoooo!! I am so excited for you!

Isn't it so exciting to set the date?

Yes Kim...it's exciting but terrifying as well! If you remember, my first post here was that I was terrified. I still am! But now I am terrified about going alone, about getting all of the paperwork done, and mostly about informing my husband of my decision...SHEESH...I hope I am SANE by the time I get to OCC! lol

I'm SO excited! And I'm SO scared! I just reserved my surgery date with Lori and just received all of my info. As many of you know, I haven't told my husband yet (plan on giving him the letter on Friday or Saturday) and then need to make my airline reservations...or make reservations first...I don't know which way is up! In the back of my mind, I half am hoping my husband will warm to the letter I give him and will agree to come with, but I'm preparing for the worst. So...planning a trip all the way from Kansas City to Tijuana...alone...never having gone anywhere alone in my life...boy I'm in for an adventure! In more ways than one! :wacko:

Sweety, if you do go alone, it will be okay. I had to travel all the way to Africa by myself and I had never left the country before. I cried like a baby the night before my flight scared out of my mind. I told my husband that if the plane crashed in the ocean I would be the first one eaten by sharks because I was the fat juicy one. But, everything went well. And I actually regretted that I was so scared because I think I would have had more fun on my trip if I had just relaxed. And now looking back I think, "I was in Africa and should have had a blast." But I spent much of the time with a board up my rear end worried about this and worried about that. If you go alone, you can keep in touch with us while there for support and I suggest taking a deep breath and enjoy the ride. I also hope for you, that your husband will soften to this and come with you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jessica

:lb10: :lb21: How cool to have your date!!

I traveled alone and had a fun time , really. I looked at it as a time totally for me to do whatever I please and enjoy this mini-vacation. The hotel is lovely and the pool is way cool to lay around and relax after your surgery. Of course there's always shopping if you must!! ;)

Your trip will be here before you know it so just enjoy this prep time.

Whether your husband gets on board right away or not, this is the beginning of a whole new healthier, happier life for you.

:lb4:

Hugs to you as well as prayers for you and your husband to come to a resolve on this without much difficulty.

Hi Vix,

I just got back last night from Tijuana! I am in Kansas City, too :D I traveled alone and was o.k. I would recommend you take your cell phone, a couple of credit cards, and some bullion cubes. I packed light and had no difficulties. I booked my airfare online with Soutwest and paid about 300 for a round trip ticket. I didn't get in last night until about 12:30 a.m. but it was a non stop flight. I am on day 5 of clear liquids so not too far ahead of you!

You can definitely manage it!!!

I am sure I will be fine and thank you all for the great info! It seems like a lot more people go alone than not. I just am a worry wart by nature! lol

Mizzoupoodle, thanks for the info on the airline. I will be making my reservation on Saturday and will check Southwest. Nonstop is definitely the way to go!

Talk to you guys soon! ;)

Hey there,

I'm coming down the same time to get banded and totally nervous!

See you there!

Congratulations on your life changing decision. So glad you got your appointment set. I will be praying that your spouse will be receptive and possibly even come with you. If not, the clinic takes such good care of you, you meet friends there, and even the hotel staff helps with things.