What to say when people ask: How much have you lost?

So as I have said before I haven't told anyone about the surgery, I just say that I have been eating less and working out (both true)... Now people are starting to notice that I have lost a lot of weight... so the question has changed from "Are you losing weight" to "Oh my gosh, how much have you lost?"

Now call me weird but I don't want to say "Almost 70lbs" why? I guess I don't want people to do the math and figure out how heavy I was... maybe it just goes back to being such a private person, and since we don't have that many "close" friends and no family here in Vegas I am mostly getting this question from neighbors and the parents of my son's friends!

So I was looking up some catchy responses and found these:

1) How much have you lost? "Oh, goodness! That's like asking a woman her age! I never lose and tell ;-)"

2) How much have you lost? "Enough to add 10 years to my life!"

3) How much have you lost? "Enough for me to know I'm on the right program!"

4) How much have you lost? "More than I EVER did on Weight Watcher's or Jenny Craig!"

5) How much have you lost? "Only my surgeon knows for sure, and he's not talking."

6) How much have you lost? "Who knows, how much have YOU lost?"

Anyone else have some good replies for this question that ALL of us will be getting for the rest of our lives?

A ton! Craploads. Or my favorite, a simple 'none'. Or even, I don't know, I don't have a scale. Just some ideas.

Actually, I do say the amount. I figure that my weight is no secret, because people KNOW I am fat so hiding the number doesn't really matter to me. It's not like people can't tell anyway.

I like the "...enough at add 10 years to my life" response.

It doesn't seem overly sarcastic or anything, but let's them realize that you're doing it to be healthy :)

I definetly think you have the right to be private about it. I am very open so I suspect that while I don't tell people how much I weigh right now, once that weight is gone I won't care if they know. But it's all personal preference. And I liked the response of "enough to add 10 years to my life." I agree that this sounds more positive and not like your trying to be rude when they ask. But there will always be those people who don't get it. You will give them one of your rockin responses and they will laugh and then say to you," no seriously, how much have you lost." The trick will be what to say then. I know I have had things I didn't want to share and it sucks when the person just keeps on asking because they are not taking the hint that you don't want to talk about it. Let us know how those responses work. I am anxious to see how people respond to them.

Jessica

So as I have said before I haven't told anyone about the surgery, I just say that I have been eating less and working out (both true)... Now people are starting to notice that I have lost a lot of weight... so the question has changed from "Are you losing weight" to "Oh my gosh, how much have you lost?"

Now call me weird but I don't want to say "Almost 70lbs" why? I guess I don't want people to do the math and figure out how heavy I was... maybe it just goes back to being such a private person, and since we don't have that many "close" friends and no family here in Vegas I am mostly getting this question from neighbors and the parents of my son's friends!

So I was looking up some catchy responses and found these:

1) How much have you lost? "Oh, goodness! That's like asking a woman her age! I never lose and tell ;-)"

2) How much have you lost? "Enough to add 10 years to my life!"

3) How much have you lost? "Enough for me to know I'm on the right program!"

4) How much have you lost? "More than I EVER did on Weight Watcher's or Jenny Craig!"

5) How much have you lost? "Only my surgeon knows for sure, and he's not talking."

6) How much have you lost? "Who knows, how much have YOU lost?"

Anyone else have some good replies for this question that ALL of us will be getting for the rest of our lives?

How about "enough to make me happy and to make my hubby THRILLED" wink, wink