Clear Liquid Diet Recipes

laadeedaa

My diet needs a little mix up here. Please post what you are drinking in the clear liquid stage so that I can get some variety in my life.

1.) Aquafina Water

2) Chicken Boulion cubes - low sodium

3.) Water with Crystal Light pouch

4.) crystal light popsicles (homemade in those containers from Target)

5.) otterpops

6.) diluted apple juice

7.) diluted apple juice popsicles (homemade in those containers from Target)

8.) diluted grape juice

9.) diluted grape juice popsicles (homemade in those containers from Target)

10.) Gatorade

11.) Special K20 protein water

12.) hot chocolate (water based of course)

13.) Propel

14.) Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth (FAR better than any bouillon)

15.) Pacific Organic Beef Broth

16.) miso soup

17.) Benefiber to liquid for constipation issues

Just to add a few to your list that I have been enjoying:

Special K20 protein water

hot chocolate (water based of course)

propel

Tomorrow I start full liquids! I am so excited....I just wish my port site would hurry up and feel better!

Janell

I need to ask a kind of gross question. But I am in te same stage you are...clear liquids. However today I got the runs at the end of the day. Is it normal to get the runs sometimes when all you are drinking are liquids?

Elaina :huh:

My diet needs a little mix up here. Please post what you are drinking in the clear liquid stage so that I can get some variety in my life.

1.) Aquafina Water

2) Chicken Boulion cubes - low sodium

3.) Water with Crystal Light pouch

4.) crystal light popsicles (homemade in those containers from Target)

5.) otterpops

6.) diluted apple juice

7.) diluted apple juice popsicles (homemade in those containers from Target)

8.) diluted grape juice

9.) diluted grape juice popsicles (homemade in those containers from Target)

10.) Gatorade

What else are you cooking up? There has to be more to be offered!

I need to ask a kind of gross question. But I am in te same stage you are...clear liquids. However today I got the runs at the end of the day. Is it normal to get the runs sometimes when all you are drinking are liquids?

Elaina :huh:

Yes it is normal to get diarrhea on liquids, some people also have constipation. Add Benefiber to whatever you drink to bulk you up. This stuff is so great, it dissolves completely and you have absolutely no idea it's in whatever you add it to. I was skeptical but it is so true!!

Hi Elaina and Stacey, yes it's normal to get the runs. They told me to dilute any juice I drank because it might do that. I tend more in the other direction so I didn't dilute mine. I hope the plain ride is ok for you guys. It was very long for me and I think it increased my swelling and bruising. Also I couldn't walk off the gas.

:lb11:

Three things to try (all available at Whole Foods Markets):

The best chicken broth: Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth (FAR better than any bouillon)

The best beef broth: Pacific Organic Beef Broth

And why not add a little miso soup to your retinue as well? Whole Foods sells miso soup in packets, and low sodium versions too.

Yes it is normal to get diarrhea on liquids, some people also have constipation. Add Benefiber to whatever you drink to bulk you up. This stuff is so great, it dissolves completely and you have absolutely no idea it's in whatever you add it to. I was skeptical but it is so true!!

How about Metamucil? I've been taking that for years in my water each morning but I thought I read somewhere that I shouldn't have much fiber during this stage, that is why I've avaoided it.

I was banded at 9 am on 8/1. So I am almost at 4 days. I use progresso tomato soups and added 2 cans of water and 1 chicken boullion cube. And continue to add water til I can see through it. This cuts the sodium, calories and makes it a clear liquid. I did this with split pea soup & broccoli cheese. I also run it through a strainer before pouring in my cup. If I drink one of these every hour or so, I stay pretty satisfied.