Banding on Friday, September 12th

Hi, I am going for banding on 9/12 and can't afford to fly a friend or family with me. If anyone is going at the same time, send me a comment. It would be great to meet someone that I could share the experience with before arriving for procedure. :rolleyes:

I'm probably not *sorry* headed towards TJ on the 12th ...

But I'm in AZ with you! You're in good hands, alone or not. My DH didn't go with me, a concerned friend kind of more than volunteered, but even if she hadn't, all would have been well.

No fear, none is needed. Congratulations on your newest ad(band)ventures!

Guest CaraMBA09

HI

I am flying in on Sunday the 14th to be banded on the 15th! a bit after you, but maybe you could get together with me and tell me what to expect...isnt it exciting?

C

I fly down on the 18th and get banded on the 19th, baring no hold ups. I wonder if anyone will be down there with me? Wish you were going to still be there. Need to have a posse to hang out with.

Hi, I am going for banding on 9/12 and can't afford to fly a friend or family with me. If anyone is going at the same time, send me a comment. It would be great to meet someone that I could share the experience with before arriving for procedure. :rolleyes:

Went and got banded myself. Was scared! But there was safety in numbers--- eight of us that day. You really don't need anyone.

I met a girl who came down herself, we got banded the same day and we went shopping in Tijuana the day after surgery. You have nothing to fear.

Think of it as an adventure.!

David

I went alone and when I got picked up at the airport there were 3 others who were going to be banded with me. We became "band buddies"easily and quickly. I then met a couple of gals who were sister-in-laws- and we hung out and had a meal or 2 together. I really had a good time being on my own actually and looked at it as a mini-vacaton all for just me!!! No worries

Went and got banded myself. Was scared! But there was safety in numbers--- eight of us that day. You really don't need anyone.

I met a girl who came down herself, we got banded the same day and we went shopping in Tijuana the day after surgery. You have nothing to fear.

Think of it as an adventure.!

David

David, thanks for sharing this. I love an adventure and the fact that you were out and about the next day is great news.

Steph

I went alone and when I got picked up at the airport there were 3 others who were going to be banded with me. We became "band buddies"easily and quickly. I then met a couple of gals who were sister-in-laws- and we hung out and had a meal or 2 together. I really had a good time being on my own actually and looked at it as a mini-vacaton all for just me!!! No worries

How was the hotel? Did you have cell phone service in TJ?

Hotel is great and for my cell I could get calls but not make them. At the clinic they have a phone you can use. I will say almost everyone speaks English and make sure you get some shopping done, great cheap souvenirs. Also my husband said there is a great grocery store near there to go and get broth and gatorade. Everyone takes US dollars so don't worry about that. I have to say I have mad respect for everyone at the clinic being a nurse myself they treat you so much better than any place here will treat you!

• 2 weeks later...

Do You allready have your plane ticket? We arive at 6:25pm on the 11th and fly out sun the 14th at 9:55 on Us Airways. got it through priceline for 149.00 Im so excited! see you there