Does full equal pain?

Hey ladies,

I had my second fill last Saturday. First fill was 2 ccs, second fill was 1.2 so I have a total of 3.2 I did liquids for a day and mushies for a day. Then my family made grilled pizzas (my fave) Put toppings on a tortilla and grill. I ate only the toppings and ate about 1/4 and they went down fine. I'm really tight in the morning. Then the next day for dinner I had a small piece of cantaloupe (and I'm a good chewer) and I guess it got stuck cuz when we got ready to eat, I couldn't eat a thing and it hurt and I ate one bite of ground beef with mayo and two or three bites of beans and had to go PB several times. Did liquids another day. The next day I did shakes for breakfast and lunch and Mexican for dinner. Had about 5 chips, an order of refried beans and about 1/4 of a tamale and was pleasantly full. No pain. Today for lunch we went to chinese and I had a couple bites of egg drop soup, the insides of a pot sticker and A green bean very slowly and well chewed and had to go PB again.

She told me the fill was a good one, but I thought I was ok since my first real meal went fine. I'm trying to decide if I just can't tell when I'm full (even tho my PBs are usually accompanied with lots of pain), if I'm eating the wrong foods (I don't think I am..no bread or rice or flour tortillas) or if I need a small unfill. I don't want to halt my weight-loss because I saw zero weightloss after fill #1, but I also don't want to have slip.

Suggestions?

Hi,

I have been banded for almost 2 years and I am still experience similar things. I am just now seriously getting the hang of what to eat, how slow, and to listen to my body and take a break if I need to. You also might want to try waiting longer between bites to see if it gets stuck. Every once in a while I'll take 2 bites of something and it'll get stuck but I won't notice until it's too late. The next night I might be able to eat bigger bites of something else just fine. This is normal, but very frustrating of course. So I always start out really slow to see what the band is doing at that moment. I always do a shake for breakfast because I am tight until about 11.

Because you are able to eat some solids, I would say give it another week or so to see if you can pace yourself more and if you are able to get enough calories in a day. I do still PB sometimes but way way less than I used to. If you are still having trouble with solids (I would also keep track of calories, you don't want to get too low daily) then maybe a small unfill would help you too.

Good luck!

Karen

I do the same alot. I think I PB alot more than most people who are banded. The only way I can describe it is when I was pregnant with my daughter she was so high up that she had pressure on my stomach. I could eat fine, but then it seemed like just one extra bite and that was all she wrote. I immediately had to get that last bite of food out and fast.

Now with the band, when I eat that bite X, I immediately can't breathe, I can't swallow my spit, and I have to PB several times. It comes up as a little bit of food mixed with the spit that I couldn't swallow. (Sorry so gross)

I worry about my band alot, because I have had more days that I PB than days that I don't.

On another note, sometimes I will go weeks where I can eat anything. I just don't get it!

i agree with karen - i think you should wait it out. it sounds like a good fill to me and in my experience what you and karen are both describing is what true restriction fills like... some days you can eat anything and everything some days you cant hardly eat a bite or two. i say go with it and stay with this fill for awhile.

kim

Hey ladies,

I had my second fill last Saturday. First fill was 2 ccs, second fill was 1.2 so I have a total of 3.2 I did liquids for a day and mushies for a day. Then my family made grilled pizzas (my fave) Put toppings on a tortilla and grill. I ate only the toppings and ate about 1/4 and they went down fine. I'm really tight in the morning. Then the next day for dinner I had a small piece of cantaloupe (and I'm a good chewer) and I guess it got stuck cuz when we got ready to eat, I couldn't eat a thing and it hurt and I ate one bite of ground beef with mayo and two or three bites of beans and had to go PB several times. Did liquids another day. The next day I did shakes for breakfast and lunch and Mexican for dinner. Had about 5 chips, an order of refried beans and about 1/4 of a tamale and was pleasantly full. No pain. Today for lunch we went to chinese and I had a couple bites of egg drop soup, the insides of a pot sticker and A green bean very slowly and well chewed and had to go PB again.

She told me the fill was a good one, but I thought I was ok since my first real meal went fine. I'm trying to decide if I just can't tell when I'm full (even tho my PBs are usually accompanied with lots of pain), if I'm eating the wrong foods (I don't think I am..no bread or rice or flour tortillas) or if I need a small unfill. I don't want to halt my weight-loss because I saw zero weightloss after fill #1, but I also don't want to have slip.

Suggestions?

I'LL POST THIS LINK AGAIN, IT'S A VERY GOOD READ

URGENT: When you have frequent throwing up 3-4 or more times per week, you need to be seen by your fill clinic to get a bit of saline removed.

http://www.northwestfills.com/education.php

My stomach feels like it would if you ate a massive turkey dinner at Christmas time, the kind of full that would make you undo your pants.

I never feel "full" like Cathy describes it. It's always in my chest and it's a feeling like a knot. Somehow as I remember it when I was full from thanksgiving dinner I felt much better than I do now. Perhaps it was alot of satisfaction in the head and now we don' get that piece of it. It is so weird.

I never feel "full" like Cathy describes it. It's always in my chest and it's a feeling like a knot. Somehow as I remember it when I was full from thanksgiving dinner I felt much better than I do now. Perhaps it was alot of satisfaction in the head and now we don' get that piece of it. It is so weird.

I agree with Julie on this one....I hardly ever feel like I'm stuffed like I used to after Thanksgiving dinner. I think it's all in our head and we look at what we've eaten and think to ourselves....how can I possibly be full after eating so little food? So, we try to eat more and get the golfball in the chest feeling. That is what I get when I realize I need to stop. Is that a full feeling or a stuck feeling though?

Denise

Okay... I have had the "full" feeling of satiety after eating an order of refried beans, but that's not what I get when I talk about the pain. It's like it's stuck under my sternum. For example, I haven't eaten anything today yet and I just tried to eat canned tuna with light mayo AND mustard (to make it as wet as possible) and after two tiny bites, stuck. Ouch...how can something so tiny stick??? RRRRR...yet for dinner last night I was able to eat a whole filet of fish from McDonald's with only a tiny bit of pain. I don't wanna get unfilled if I can eat at night, but I can't seem to get ANYTHING except liquids down during the day. And I can't continue to workout and lift weights without nourishment. I'm sick of protein shakes. (And they make me gassy)... RRRRRR

This is sooo frustrating. On the other hand, I get on the scale tomorrow (I'm only trying to weigh once a week) and it BETTER have gone down :D

If I overeat I start to hicup and it is quite uncomfortable and frustrating but not painful. I do know that as soon as I feel like I am going to hicup I stop eating and don't even finish the bite in my mouth if there is one there. I do feel the stuffed like Thanksgiving feeling as well which generally last for at least a couple of hours. It is hard to get around the head thing because for instance today that stuffed feeling came after 3 chick fil a nuggets and I wasn't hungry again for 41/2 hours. I was so stuffed I couldn't even eat one of the fries.