I need your advice!

Okay, the center in Meridian called and I had to cancel with them related to prior work obligations. They can still get me in only I will have to pay $365.00 (this includes fluro). Okay...I am cheap! I know this. There is a FNP here locally that does blind fills for $100.00 So my question is, how many of you have had fills without fluro? I know that fluro is best, but with $$$ restrictions what do I do? I need your help with this! PLEASE!!! BTW, those in/around the Boise, Idaho area...go to Dr. Ortiz website, click on fill centers. Call that number and let them know where you live. There were only so many spots open on August 16th, and August 23rd. These were the only dates that you could get in for the $165.00 (like for your first 10 fills @ $165.00) Sorry to those who emailed me....my internet is down and I haven't recieved my replacement modem.

Dianna

I have never had a fill with fluoro and I seem to do just fine!

Okay, the center in Meridian called and I had to cancel with them related to prior work obligations. They can still get me in only I will have to pay $365.00 (this includes fluro). Okay...I am cheap! I know this. There is a FNP here locally that does blind fills for $100.00 So my question is, how many of you have had fills without fluro? I know that fluro is best, but with $$ restrictions what do I do? I need your help with this! PLEASE!!! BTW, those in/around the Boise, Idaho area...go to Dr. Ortiz website, click on fill centers. Call that number and let them know where you live. There were only so many spots open on August 16th, and August 23rd. These were the only dates that you could get in for the $165.00 (like for your first 10 fills @ $165.00) Sorry to those who emailed me....my internet is down and I haven't recieved my replacement modem.

Dianna

The $365 is only for your first fill at the fill center. After that it should be $265 per fill. But if you feel comfortable going blind, then do it. You could even consider trading off. One blind, one with flouro, and so on. Good luck

Jessica

Absolutely NOT true. I have had fill w/ Fluro and fills w/out. As long as your fill Dr is experienced there shouldn't be a problem. Many bandsters have posted their experiences regarding fills with and without. Do what is comfortable for YOU! Check out the fill Dr. that only charges $100. Has he been doing it long? Any references, i.e other bandsters you can call and see how their fill went? Ask Ask Ask! He's working for you. good luck, keep us posted with what you decide.

If you had ever saw the liquid go through with fluoro you would understand what i am saying.

I would never let anyone fill me blind.

I HAVE seen the liquid go through.. when I had a fill with fluro AND guess what.. I've had 2 fills without fluro and they we're fine.

I have had two fills now in Denver...the bariatric surgeon has his PA's do the fills, they also assist him in surgery.

I had two different PA's do the fills. The first one used Latacaine to numb me, the latacaine needle hurt, but I didn't feel the fill needle.

The second time (two days ago) the PA asked if I wanted to be numbed, I said no, she felt my port and had me breath in and then out...she stuck me right in the port and it DIDN"T hurt at all.

I went with this doctor because it is saving me tons of money and they are caring and the PA's are sweet. And it's local.

My fills cost 50.00 each time I go.

I have had one fluro and 2 blind and there was not difference between them except that the Dr. doing the blind seems to know how too reach restriction more quickly than where I went for Fluro. My 3rd fill was blind and I reached my sweet spot for now at least. I can drink liquids with no problem and eat about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of food per meal. As long as I chew well and take my time (avoiding sticky foods like bread) them I have no PB problems. That was reached on a blind fill so as long as the DR. has experience I wouldn't worry about doing it blind.