Panna Cotta

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

Metropolitan Market in North Tacoma had made this along with slicing the first fresh peaches of the season on this. I immediately thought, "gosh, this might be nice when I move into week 2-3 after banding.." so here it is.

Panna Cotta

1 c. whole milk (for calories sake, you could use soy or FF milk)

2 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin

1/2 vanilla bean, halved lenghtwise

3 c. heavy cream

6 T. Sugar (I would use splenda)

pinch of salt.

1. pour the mild in a medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the mild and let it sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes.

2. scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean. Combine the heavy cream with the scraped vanilla seeds, the vanilla pod and set aside.

3. set eight remekins on baking sheet

4. heat the mild and gelatin mixture over high heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin has dissoved about 1 1/2 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the sugar and sald until dissolved, about one minute. Slowly add the cream and vanilla mixture, stirring constantly.

6. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and set the bowl in an ice bath to let the mixture chill (I would just set it in the freezer), stirring often until it has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.

7. pour evenly into ramekins. cover and chill for at least 3 hours

8. once throughly cooled and set, you can invert onto a plate and serve with fresh fruit.