WOW, look at all of you!

Hi it's Donna!

I have been gone for awhile, but MAN!! I don't recognize anybody!

Well, I got a fill, and I'm really tight! I mean REALLLLLY tight. I think I'm too tight actually. So, I'm on liquids for awhile. I'm losing again, and that's good. After getting fill after fill after fill, and never having restriction, I was so excited to finally be tight! Well, there is definitley a FINE line between tight and TOO tight!

So, how's everyone else?

WTG Donna, What size band do you have can you post dates and amounts cc in each fill.

Hi,

I can't remember the dates. During my first year, I was VERY proactive in getting fills. I had a fill almost every month or 2, with fluoro. However, my doctor was very conservative on adding saline to my band! My first fill was 1.2cc's, the next was .08, (not.8, but .08) less than a tenth of a cc. I'm not sure how you even measure that!! The next time I think it was like .2cc's Then I decided to switch doctors. That was where my trouble started! The new doc hit the port long enough to draw out all my saline. Then when she injected more, she wasn't even in the port!! So, my band was empty, and I started gaining weight! After that she never could "find" the port again!! She did blind fills.

So, I went BACK to my former doctor, and he put back 1.25cc's! I was concerned that maybe I had a leak since the other lady had poked me so much. The next time my doc used Omnipaque to rule out a leak. Still not tight enough. By this time, I just assumed that this wasn't going to work for me. I was apparently one of the freaks that can't even lose weight with WEIGHTLOSS SURGERY! I gave up!!

Then I went to Tennessee last week, and my cousin (she is an RN who also has a lap band, and has lost 100lbs) gave me a fill. She did GREAT. Hit the port the very first time, and I didn't feel a thing! She added about 1.5cc's. Now I FINALLY know what restriction is!! AND, I can see how it is possible to lose weight with this band now!! Yippeeee!!

Oh, and my band is the 4cc band. Done in TJ with Dr. Ortiz!

Donna

So glad to hear everything is ok now. And thanks for the responce. I go tomorrow back to the OCC for my first fill. Cant wait to tell you the truth. This will power is not my cup of tea. But I'm doing it. All the best to you.

So glad to hear everything is ok now. And thanks for the responce. I go tomorrow back to the OCC for my first fill. Cant wait to tell you the truth. This will power is not my cup of tea. But I'm doing it. All the best to you.

Good luck with your fill tomorrow! I know what you mean about willpower!! I didn't spend all this money to do it with willpower alone. Besides, if I could have done it with willpower, I wouldn't have needed the surgery. LOL

Donna

Glad to see you back Donna, I know it's been a harder road for you then most of us and it's SO great to see that you didn't give up on the band... You kept getting the fills untill you finally got it right, preseverence pays off and now you'll be in Onederland before you know it!

So proud of you!!!

Glad to see you back Donna, I know it's been a harder road for you then most of us and it's SO great to see that you didn't give up on the band... You kept getting the fills untill you finally got it right, preseverence pays off and now you'll be in Onederland before you know it!

So proud of you!!!

WOW Michelle!!! You look GREAT!!! I know you are so happy! Keep up the great work. I hope to be posting smaller pics soon!

Donna