Discouraged!!!

Hi new member. i am waiting to hear from the insurance company for approval. i have had every test under the sun. i sleep with a CPAP. and am half way to my supposed surgery month of November. well today a bomb was dropped on me...i need 5 years of consecutive dr/ visits showing that i have been overweight all my life. good thing is i have 4 years, but last year i didnt have to see the dr for anything, (thank goodness). ugh!!! cryin out loud. i have to now write a letter stating that i didnt have to see the dr. last year for anything, and not only that, i have submit pics of myself!!! half way to surgery i get this....ughhhhhhhh!!! has anyone else gone thru this? and if so how did you cope? i have so many emotions going on right now, its not even funny. i have come so far to quit!!!

Welcome, however since you're on the Obesity Control Center Lap Band Surgery Forum you're visiting a site where most didn't have insurance, couldn't get it or went here because he’s the best damn lapband Doctor around. (He’s proctored many of the Doctors in the States and throughout the world).

The cost is about a third of what you pay in the States, his facility is top notch and if getting insurance continues to be a problem and you want to make a change in your life you should give LoriBecky a call. I never even tried to get it covered by insurance - I just paid and went in. Needed to make a change and no one was getting in my way.

Best of luck to you and hope it all works out!

Lisa

This is exactly why I didnt even bother applying here is the states. Too much to deal with. I am so glad that I am going this route, I am nevous but I trust this is the best way.

I knew insurance would not cover mine because I asked. I'm like Lisa... I went to OCC because it was inexpensive compared to the American doctors (lowest estimate I had was $19,900, highest $27,900). Now I agree with her... he was the best doctor for me. OCC exceeded all my expectations.