Restriction at last

I had my third fill on Monday in St. Petersburg, with Cathy Gonzales, and I FINALLY have restriction. First of all, Cathy was absolutely fantastic. I cannot speak highly enough of this lovely, informative health care provider. I learned twice as much about fills as I already knew. Many of you know that I had a little "muffin top" problem with my pouch over the band, and my fills were kept low until this had healed. Well, it was completely healed and looked perfectly normal. She increased my fill until I had an even 2.0 in a 4.0 band. She tried 1cc more, but I couldn't swallow the water easily enough, so she reduced it 1 cc.

After the liquids for two days, and my first food after the fill yesterday, I can tell I am going to have to readjust my chewing and bite size again. I thought I was doing it well until food got stuck at all three meals yesterday, sometime during the meal. Not chewing is killer.. killer.

The first night, I had trouble swallowing my pills. I broke most of them up and slurped them down with yogurt, but one whole little pill got stuck. I was in miserable pain for about an hour and a half, and when I finally was able to "burp" around it, I went to bed. It felt like it was stuck all night long, and finally, after morning coffee, the feeling went away. I took my morning pills spread out all over the morning. Last night I ground my pills up, stirred the powder into yogurt, and gagged it down. Tried again this morning, breaking them all, (and there is a lot of them,) into little pieces, once again tucking them into yogurt. I haven't figured out the pill thing.. it is still a problem.

Food is finally what I had hoped it would be. I think I am eating about 1/2 cup of food each meal, with protein shakes twice a day. The Fill Center said to drink protein shakes, regardless of what we were told, if we are not getting 60 grams of protein a day. Between everything, plus v8 once or twice a day, plus yogurt or soy milk twice aday, I am plenty full.. in fact, I am full without all that, but I want my health to improve, and malnutrition won't do it.

I am very tired lately.. very.. and it is worse on water aerobics days. I am worried that I am sliding into a bi-polar slump... and.. I am rambling.. sorry..

Anyway, the fill was great!

Hello Paula,

Congrats on your restriction! Make sure you get enough carbs that can cause you to get tired. Sometimes mid day I will eat a little bit of watered instant oatmeal, for some reason that picks up my energy and metal level. Also if you can’t take your pills that’s a problem, I’m sure you’ve talked with both your doctor and pharmacist to make sure you’re taking the easiest to crush and smallest pills. (Just watchen out for you)!

Take care please!

Lisa

Guest CaraMBA09

Sweetie Pie, it sounds like you need some small amounts of protein...have you ever tried the Whey powder? or EAS protein powder? I think it would snap you out of it. When I was pre-diabetic last year, that is what I did to get myself out of it (took a bit). I will watch out for this when I get banded.

hopefully you will not need so many pills in the next year!

I had better luck with my pills this morning. I broke them all up until they were small as a pencil eraser, and took them with my second cup of coffee. All but the one that cannot be broken went down my "warmed up" throat. After a few sips of coffee, the other one went down.

When Kathie Gonzales did my fill on Monday, my blood pressure was low. She told me to go to my gp to talk about getting off at least one of my bp pills. I was VERY excited. That would be one less pill!

I am using the EAS whey powder.. I have loved it from the pre-surgery days. I put a full scoop in my morning coffee for breakfast...mmmm... mocha! Maybe the low carbs are an issue with the exhaustion. I may try having beans for lunch to get the protein and the carbs in one swoop.

Water aerobics is calling to me. I never want to go, (a depression and exhaustion thing,) but I always have fun after I get there. So, I shall head out.

Have a good day, everyone!

Paula I am so happy you have the beloved, sought after "restriction" you deserve. I sure know and can relate to everything you have written about the chewing and eating less and then perhaps not getting enough nutrition (perhaps is wrong it's true). I was not taking this seriously enough and have felt the same way you have expressed, no energy, tired, and depressed. For the last maybe 6 days now I have focused on planning my entire days meals in the AM carefully calculating how much protein I get especially. And yes I use the shakes for my breakfast always, and then sometimes just as one of my small meals throughout the day to get the added protein. I am shooting for about 80 grams a day give or take to get me out of this slump. I never though about the carb though. Some of the last few days I would go almost all day with maybe 10-15 gms of carb and then when I got home from work at 10pm be ravenous for "carbs". I have gotten some of those little 100 calorie snack packs with assorted things and they are a nice treat. Anyway I also want to give you a great big hug for keeping up on the water aerobics even when you don't want/feel like going. =D> =D> This is crucial to your health as you know and as an old dear friend who had been a football coach used to tell me about going to something I wouldn't want to...."Just suit up and show up and the rest will happen". I often will use this phrase to this day to motivate myself.

You are my inspiration Paula. I have got to get on my WII fit today. Hang in ther honey and focus on getting good nutrition with such small amounts of food we eat every little pencil eraser size bit counts!!

:kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3:

Paula I am so happy you have the beloved, sought after "restriction" you deserve. I sure know and can relate to everything you have written about the chewing and eating less and then perhaps not getting enough nutrition (perhaps is wrong it's true). I was not taking this seriously enough and have felt the same way you have expressed, no energy, tired, and depressed. For the last maybe 6 days now I have focused on planning my entire days meals in the AM carefully calculating how much protein I get especially. And yes I use the shakes for my breakfast always, and then sometimes just as one of my small meals throughout the day to get the added protein. I am shooting for about 80 grams a day give or take to get me out of this slump. I never though about the carb though. Some of the last few days I would go almost all day with maybe 10-15 gms of carb and then when I got home from work at 10pm be ravenous for "carbs". I have gotten some of those little 100 calorie snack packs with assorted things and they are a nice treat. Anyway I also want to give you a great big hug for keeping up on the water aerobics even when you don't want/feel like going. =D> =D> This is crucial to your health as you know and as an old dear friend who had been a football coach used to tell me about going to something I wouldn't want to...."Just suit up and show up and the rest will happen". I often will use this phrase to this day to motivate myself.

You are my inspiration Paula. I have got to get on my WII fit today. Hang in ther honey and focus on getting good nutrition with such small amounts of food we eat every little pencil eraser size bit counts!!

:kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3: :kiss3:

You are special to me, too, and keep me inspired when I am too tired to be inspired by myself. I thank God every day for your support.

YAY Paula, Doing thed happy dance for you. And loosing calories while i'm doing it Ha ha ha. ;)

Laffing and doing the happy dance with you.. much more fun when there are two. Gotta love that happy dance! Woot!!

Laffing and doing the happy dance with you.. much more fun when there are two. Gotta love that happy dance! Woot!!

So glad you got a good fill!! So glad I got a good fill too!!! I've been battling with this for over a year, and after my 8th fill, FINALLY have restriction!!!! Good job on the 52 pound loss!! THAT IS GREAT! :D:P:D

Donna