I'm almost done the pre-op diet ......

which means ...... I'M GETTING BANDED IN A WEEK!!!!!

Ok, so I'm a little happy - as much as I enjoy my Ensure in the AM and Lunch and Lean Cuisine in the evening, I just want this stage over and done with so I can move on and start my new life! I'm sure you've all been here! I know that the next couple of weeks afterwards won't be easy either but I figure if I've survived the pre-op diet from h*ll then I can do the post-op diet too! :P

I've got a wedding on September 13th and that puts me at 22 days post op .... so I can have solids that day! But I think to play it safe I'll just have some broths and stuff - last thing I want is to learn how to eat solids again at the wedding and be sick all over the place! :bad: Its going to be hard enough that I can't drink when we go too :( But thats alright, I'm willing to sacrifice many things for this surgery to make it happen. On a happy note though - we've booked our Whale Watching tour for Nova Scotia so that'll take away my sadness for not being able to have ham and turkey at the wedding... heheheheh

Things here have been so hectic at work for the last 3 weeks. My co-worker has been away and back on Monday (thank goodness) .... I'm really looking forward to going away next week. In a week I'll be banded, I can't believe it! Wooohooo!!!

Alana :)

Evette is right about eating. Just don't eat anything fast and/or in a large usual bite. Take like a pea size bit and chew it well. And about the drinking, if it's not champagne we are not forbidden to drink because it might hurt the band but because it is empty calories. As long as it's not bubbly have a drink. Warning though I have read it could potentially affect you much more quickly on a smaller amount than pre-banding. So just sip on this prior to sampling the buffet!!

I almost forgot......Congrats on only 1 week left, I am excited for you.

Just said goodbye to my last buffet. It was not as good as i thought it would be. I think my way of thinking is in the process of changing. I don't want to be a pig anymore. I am so ready for this surgery it is sick. I am sure when i start the pre-op diet tomorrow, I will be wishing i had enjoyed the last buffet but.... anyway congrats on the success with the pre-op, I sure hope I will be able to do the same. Good luck!!!!

hey thanks for the advice!!! I think I'll just stay away from the drinks for the wedding, I'm already what I like call a "cheap drunk" and after one am already feeling it so .... to save myself some embarassment, I think I'll just avoid it. Plus, I already told my husband I'd be the designated driver that night .....

I'm going to learn how to chew small pieces .... I think this could be one of the hardest tasks to learn!

Thanks again for the advice - and from everyone too - its all appreciated!

Evette is right about eating. Just don't eat anything fast and/or in a large usual bite. Take like a pea size bit and chew it well. And about the drinking, if it's not champagne we are not forbidden to drink because it might hurt the band but because it is empty calories. As long as it's not bubbly have a drink. Warning though I have read it could potentially affect you much more quickly on a smaller amount than pre-banding. So just sip on this prior to sampling the buffet!!

I almost forgot......Congrats on only 1 week left, I am excited for you.

hey thanks for the advice!!! I think I'll just stay away from the drinks for the wedding, I'm already what I like call a "cheap drunk" and after one am already feeling it so .... to save myself some embarassment, I think I'll just avoid it. Plus, I already told my husband I'd be the designated driver that night .....

I'm going to learn how to chew small pieces .... I think this could be one of the hardest tasks to learn!

Thanks again for the advice - and from everyone too - its all appreciated!

Congrats Alana! I am exactly one week behind you! I have exactly 2 weeks from today for my surgery and I am the same way...just so excited, scared and nervous that I can't even believe it! I can't believe that the time is going so quickly!!!!

which means ...... I'M GETTING BANDED IN A WEEK!!!!!

Ok, so I'm a little happy - as much as I enjoy my Ensure in the AM and Lunch and Lean Cuisine in the evening, I just want this stage over and done with so I can move on and start my new life! I'm sure you've all been here! I know that the next couple of weeks afterwards won't be easy either but I figure if I've survived the pre-op diet from h*ll then I can do the post-op diet too! :P

I've got a wedding on September 13th and that puts me at 22 days post op .... so I can have solids that day! But I think to play it safe I'll just have some broths and stuff - last thing I want is to learn how to eat solids again at the wedding and be sick all over the place! :bad: Its going to be hard enough that I can't drink when we go too :( But thats alright, I'm willing to sacrifice many things for this surgery to make it happen. On a happy note though - we've booked our Whale Watching tour for Nova Scotia so that'll take away my sadness for not being able to have ham and turkey at the wedding... heheheheh

Things here have been so hectic at work for the last 3 weeks. My co-worker has been away and back on Monday (thank goodness) .... I'm really looking forward to going away next week. In a week I'll be banded, I can't believe it! Wooohooo!!!

Alana,

I am being banded on Sept 1 and have not started my pre-op (officially) yet. Can you tell me if you are losing weight with the Ensure and how many calories does it have in it?

Thanks ,

Dawns