Plateau?

Hi everyone!

It will be 5 weeks on Monday since my lap band surgery. I lost 10 lb. pre-surgery, and another 9 lb. since then. I have a fill scheduled for Monday, August 25th.

Anyway, I feel like I am at a plateau. Kind of disappointed, but happy I am not gaining anything back. Is this normal? I am eating between 1,000 and 1,200 calories a day. Should I eat less? More? Mix up my food? I have been eating cereal for breakfast, yogurt for a snack, a turkey burger or something on that order for lunch with veggies, maybe a string cheese for snack, and another turkeyl burger or chicken with veggies for lunch. I usually sneak in a fat free fudgesicle at night. Oh, and I eat a protein bar sometime during the day too!

Am I eating the wrong things??? Should I just wait to see what happens afater my fill? Help!

This is absolutely normal, the time after your surgery before your first fill is your hardest. It is the bandster hell timeframe that we all talk about.

Really fight and focus on not overeating and stretching out your pouch. You might try measuring your food and counting your calories during this time just to get a really good understanding of how much food in volume and calories. Pretend like you have great restriction and put that into your mind.

Sounds like you're doing great, the only thing I’d cut out is the snacks. From what I’ve always done is only 3 meals a day (however if you’re not a pt of Dr Ortiz, make sure to check with them).

Take care!

Lisa

Yes this is like Lisa said "bandster hell" we all have to go through. You sound like you are doing quite well. I think having lost 19 pounds and going from liquids to solids is sending your body into not knowing what is going on so it better hold on to whatever it has mentality.

Are you going to the OCC for your fill or another fill site? It will be here before you know it so start practicing all the tips now, you'll need them to avoid the dreaded Pbing we talk about.

I am going to the OCC. I agree that possibly I am eating three meals, plus 3 snacks daily. How do you manage to get everything in, in just 3 meals? As far as PBing, is it just small bites and small amounts? Or do certain foods affect us more (or does that vary by individual?)

For me it really varies, I'm a firm believer that you can eat anything if you take small enough bites, eat slow and chew it up well.

However it is very personal and people have created lists of what banded people can’t eat, unfortunately (or fortunately) I had tried eating most of those items with success. And don't get me wrong - some days I can eat something and the next day I can't. I always say this, if I like something and its good for me I’m going to try, but I will take small bits, chew the crap out of it and eat it slow!