shaving body pre op???

:blink: Hi all

I am in hospital the night before my surgery and have just been bought a pkt of disposable razors and asked to shave from mid nipple to knees!!??

I thought that went out with the ark. Did anyone else have to do this?

no shaving for us that had our surgery at occ, except my son but just where the incisions would be.

OMG this is not the standard of practice anymore. Is this a hospital or a surgery center? We just use clippers for surgeries now so that peoples hair doesn't get mixed in when they are sutering. The infection rate with shaving has been shown to be higher than when using clippers because shaving causes so many little nicks in the skin which are then open. I do know though not all hospitals are up to standard yet, especially some smaller clinics. Don't worry too much about this with the tiny incisions you'll have no probs. Except maybe razor burn.

Nothing to shave for me! Are you a hairy man???? Sorry personal question! Maybe the doc has some sort of fetish...... LOL!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had 'tidying up' wax job the day before surgery - just feel I needed to tell you that ^_^

I told the nurse that I was not interested in shaving as I suffer from razor rash - she spoke to the dr and he said OK no prb - so no shaving.

The op? well not so sure, very upset but will write about that in another post...