High protein meal suggestions?

I have been slacking again with my protein. ^_^

I know salmon and tuna are high in protein. I love them both but was wondering if there is anything else you can make pretty quickly that is high in protein but not high in calories? Can ya'll throw some suggestions to me? Thanks!

Hi miss Kim!!

Something I've found that really helps me is canned chicken. I get 6 cans at Costco for $11.99 It is Kirkland Signature brand and each can is 12.5 oz. I can get 2 or 3 meals out of each can so that's kinda how I justify the cost. I just drain the water off as much as possible (and save this in tupperware for soups or whatever later, stored in the freezer) and dump the chicken in some tupperware. I like it plain, right out of the can, or sometimes I mix it up and do chicken salad.

Each serving is 2 oz. (3.5 servings per can, drained) and has 60 calories, 1g total fat, ZEROOOOOOO carbs (I'm a carb watcher, can you tell??? hahah) and 13 grams of protein.

A little chicken.. a little vegggg and I'm good to go!

Amber

Don't forget about shrimp, if you like it. I get frozen baby ones and just pour out what I want. Also for a snack if you tolerate milk it has alot of protein. You need some carb everytime you eat protein to keep your blood sugar level normal and to burn fat instead of muscle. Keep that in mind. Yes I try high protein low carb too but was recently reminded of eating them at the same meal. And lots of veggies are carbs so that works. For a snack also beef jerkey is high protein. Hard boiled eggs are a good source of protein as well as cottage cheese.

I eat alot of turkey, sliced low fat from the deli or the pre-cooked turkey (heat and serve). You can also buy pre-cooked chicken for salads, fajitas, stir fry etc.

Don't forget veggie burgers (soy) and turkey burgers!!! With a little BBQ sauce...Delicious!

You know last night it was almost 8:00 PM and I had not yet had dinner and knew that I wouldn't be able to have anything for a while because I had to pick up my son and a few other kids from football at 8:30. I WAS STARVING!

I was doing some grocery shopping, ok I know dumb thing to do when starving, and was planning to get some type of fast food but was kind of worried about grease etc...

At the last second it came to me, go buy shrimp from the seafood counter and some cocktail sauce and eat that instead of Arby's or McDs. So that is what I did. At the same time I also had him steam and season a few crab legs and man I had a seafood feast in the car while I was waiting. It really saved me!

What do you mix it with to make chicken salad?

I normally do just some Mayo, mustard and pepper. But sometimes I add cubed cheese or chopped celery or pickles.. All just depends on what you like!! :) I dont put it on bread thou *sad face*

Amber

Okay, this is what I do. I cook up enough meat for an extended period of time. Say like I cook a whole turkey and then de-bone it and divide it up in freezer baggies. Then I just pull one bag out at a time and have instantly healthy turkey. Can use this in anyway you want, including just eating it plain. I also do this with a whole chicken. I buy the whole chicken that is cut up already. I seriously just throw it in a pot and let it boil for a few hours on low while I do other things around the house. The meat gets so tender that it just falls off the bone. I take just a few minutes to de-bone the meat and then same thing. Either divide and freeze or put in tupperware in the fridge. Then you have fresh cooked chicken in the fridge for several days. Put it in salad, make chicken salad, eat plain, make chicken pizza, whatever. The idea is that I don't really like to cook and I don't have time to cook. So I make a good amount of chicken all at once, so I have cooked chicken on hand ready to go for anything I want to use it for. And by the way, the first time I heard about boiling chicken, I thought this must taste terrible. But it tastes soooo good. Just seriously boil it in water with a little salt and pepper to taste. It's natural, no preservatives, fresh chicken. You can do this with frozen chicken tenders or breasts. You can use ham, pork or whatever. I like having cooked meat on hand either in the fridge or freezer. This makes it easy to prepare meals. Sometimes I just warm up the meat and eat it plain with some brocoli or something.