Reading this board is the absolute best thing for someone to do before their surgery!

I truly can't believe all I've learned from this board! My surgery is one week from tomorrow, and I can't even imagine getting through it without this forum. I am reading "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" and it is interesting, but the experiences that others have made are just so valuable!

If there are any newbies out there who are reading this for the first time, my suggestion to you is to come back once a day and read everything you can from this forum. It will make your anxiety just completely lessen. When I first came here I was terrified of surgery and in just the few weeks I've been here waiting for my surgery next week, I am now EXCITED to have the surgery!

You guys are the absolute best EVER, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!! :D

I know that when I started reading this forum over a year ago, I felt the same way. I was trying to learn everything I could and find a good Doc [no one in the States would do my surgery.]

I wasn't scared at all when I went to have my surgery, a little nervous, but not scared. I went to TJ by myself and it was awesome! :D

I met alot of great people, shopped and had a good time. Any Newbies out there, this is the place to be and Dr. O and Dr. M are the doctors to see!! ;)

Yes this forum is invaluable to many, in many different stages of this journey. The thing is we all have so many things in common and we can't help but feel bonded. Others have said this and I'll just repeat it here..."I never knew I have so many friends I've never met" or something like that. This is a place of support, education, stress relief, and just plain old fun.

Here's to the OCC!!

When I went to TJ I felt like I had looked into a crytal ball and knew what was going to happen before it ever did. I was praised by all the other women that had the surgery with me because I made them feel more at ease also.

After reading this forum for the past month, I was COMPLETELY prepared for the surgery. I had absolutely no worries and as crazy as it sounds, we all had a great time at the hospital before and after the surgery. Never laughed so much. About 7 of us were banded that day and bonded that day too. I am going back for the first fill and will meet up with all my new friends. I don't think I would have done it without this forum because there were so many questions and unknowns. Thanks you guys, from the bottom of my heart too!!!

You are so right Vix.

I joined in March, made my decision in April and had surgery in June. This was the best thing that could have happened to me.

I joined another forum as well, but it did not have the family atmosphere that this one does and it was more difficult to navigate.

Like I always say, you guys are the best friends I have never met!!!

Ditto ditto ditto! This group has been a great help! I had no fears of having the surgery, but after years of failed diets I kept thinking way back in my noggin that although I would do it, that it would not do anything for me and that I would end up still fat. But after reading everyone's stories I KNOW I CAN do this and I am already picturing myself thin! I've never been even close to what I would consider a goal weight though, so it is hard to picture. Not really sure even what mine will be - but we shall see! ;)

Ditto ditto ditto! This group has been a great help! I had no fears of having the surgery, but after years of failed diets I kept thinking way back in my noggin that although I would do it, that it would not do anything for me and that I would end up still fat. But after reading everyone's stories I KNOW I CAN do this and I am already picturing myself thin! I've never been even close to what I would consider a goal weight though, so it is hard to picture. Not really sure even what mine will be - but we shall see! ;)

Best of Luck with your surgery, it's an amazing feeling to think to the future as a thinner person...it's so exciting. I have lost 41 lbs since May 27th and feel so different, I have over 100 lbs left to lose, but feel like a thinner person already. You will do great!!!