Has anyone reach dr. miranda recommended weight

I was just wondering if anyone reached the goal weight that Dr. miranda recommended. She told me 165 due to my body shape, however i feel that i need to loose more. Yet i have been sitting on that weight for over a month. Im thinking is this the most i will be able to loose until i have a tummy tuck and they remove all the excess skin from my pregnancy? I have been overwieght for 6 years and that happen when i had my daughter gaining 100 lbs and the skin stretching to the point of bleeding.

thanks -_-

Yes she asked me to lose 15 lbs and I lost a total of 17 before surgery!

I think she's referring to during the pre-op session when Dr. Miranda gave you a goal weight, if anyone has made that. Dr. Miranda told me the day before surgery to get down to a healthy weight, which was the goal she set for me, and then said to worry about looking like a Barbie after I'm healthy first. haha :D

I did, I'm around 145, which hits my recommendation. However I do want to get to 140 by January and do it with exercise and lean muscle. (I was there earlier; however had breast aug surgery and it seemed to have increased my weight......) But I'll take it - my body shape does look pretty darn good right now, I'm surprised that after loosing so much weight at an older age - 46 - I could look like this.

I love my band!

That may or may not be a realalistic goal. I do not know how tall you are. I would go more by what you look like than a number. I know what she told me seemed a little high, but your shooting for a whole lot lower than that. She told me 165, I am thinking more like 145 but I will not know until I get there. Your body might be saying You are the right weight for you. Or maybe you are just on a platue. What size are you wearing? Do others still think you need to lose weight? Be careful that you just do not see yourself as a fat person when the rest of the world might see you as normal.

One thing I forgot to add, I did do the tummy tuck, breast lift and aug.

The tummy tuck and lift really helps to bring down the weight and my size. Its surprising how much extra skin adds on to your body. If you have extra skin on your tummy that looks like an apron, removing that may do it for you. (They can hold excess fat that’s hard to loose). However another note, the closer you get to your goal the harder it is to loose. One reason is that many of us are now exercising regularly and the muscle we've built up weighs more than our fat. It really slows down the process. (That's why I gave myself 5 months to lose 5 pounds - and I feel that's realistic.

Its hard, Dawn's right we're all different, ask others - I’m 5 foot 6, and I look pretty lean, and I like it since I’m really getting into exercise and focusing on body sculpturing. And I just love how I look.

Best,

Lisa

One thing I forgot to add, I did do the tummy tuck, breast lift and aug.

The tummy tuck and lift really helps to bring down the weight and my size. Its surprising how much extra skin adds on to your body. If you have extra skin on your tummy that looks like an apron, removing that may do it for you. (They can hold excess fat that’s hard to loose). However another note, the closer you get to your goal the harder it is to loose. One reason is that many of us are not exercising regularly and the muscle we've built up weighs more than our fat. It really slows down the process. (That's why I gave myself 5 months to lose 5 pounds - and I feel that's realistic.

Its hard, Dawn's right we're all different, ask others - I’m 5 foot 6, and I look pretty lean, and I like it since I’m really getting into exercise and focusing on body sculpturing. And I just love how I look.

Best,

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I have probably asked you this before, but when did you get the tummy tuck done? How much did you lose first? Was it 100 lbs?

Thanks!

lock~

Have you lost all your weight (62 lbs) just since being banded in April? If so then that is amazing!!