Stranded Bandster

Well, folks, Fay is just now starting to leave my area, but we got almost 20 inches of rain and I can't leave my townhouse. The lake behind me flooded and came out into the streets and you can't drive. Looks like I'll probably be here the rest of the day from the amount of water. My electricity came back on around 3am and has stayed on, so at least there's that. And I have plenty of band-friendly food to tide me over. It's gonna be a long day...

Hope anyone else affected by the storm is doing well!

Fay was with us for some time too. I live in Jacksonville, Florida and it seemed as if it was never going to stop! Luckily, at our house we ended up with little damage. Just a tree that toppled, but luckily not on our house. We had some minor leaking in the roof, but again luckily it was in the garage. I am thankful that it wasn't worse than it was..

It is supposed to hit us here tonight and tomorrow. We are supposed to just get lots of rain.

I am glad you are safe. At least you can get online!

Well, folks, Fay is just now starting to leave my area, but we got almost 20 inches of rain and I can't leave my townhouse. The lake behind me flooded and came out into the streets and you can't drive. Looks like I'll probably be here the rest of the day from the amount of water. My electricity came back on around 3am and has stayed on, so at least there's that. And I have plenty of band-friendly food to tide me over. It's gonna be a long day...

Hope anyone else affected by the storm is doing well!

That stinks, but on a good note, your here talking to us.

I live in South Carolina. All I want to know is When will the rain ever leave? Our grass in the yard is sky high and nobody can cut it because the yards are so darn wet. We all have mushrooms growing because of the moisture, although my son loves hitting those with a golf club. I think today is supose to be dry. We will see.

Well, the majority of the storm seems to be out of our area. We're still getting a few lingering bands here and there. I had to drive over a median to go to work this morning as my street is still really flooded. There are ducks, snakes, turtles, etc all out on the streets because of the lake overflowing. I somehow got bitten by something, maybe a spider, and my left leg has been really swollen since yesterday. I have felt a little feverish off and on and have no appetite. I am not sure if it is a spider because there is no puncture wound like most spider bites have. I tried icing it for a long time last night and the swelling only went down a little bit. It's very painful to the touch and hot. Ugh!

Not a great weekend, but glad to be safe and sound.